Electro conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first soldering last weekend. Most of batteries are XT60. Is XT60 ook to wire to all my stuff? Finny to see how much money you can still spend on small stuff like that just to get your car going :)

XT-60 has 3.5mm bullets which are as the name indicates up to 60 amps. Short bursts often exceed this with no issues.
I think this size is good for smaller RCs up to 3s, but not for what you are doing.

At a minimum I would run XT90 (pay a little extra and get the anti-spark model)
But if you can afford it the castle 6.5mm are nice or the EC series. (I have EC8 connectors which are 400 amp rated)

-Liberty

Parts arrived!
c5348098d8d4d47240fafcbeca628a19.jpg
a7a078bce98cdbe6b22031ac5f568cf4.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

I would guess some sort of knock off ec5. Normally the ec5/9 have a shorter "pole" end than what your pic shows. Didn't it have what type listed on the package they came in ?
Edit: looks like a B5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181116-164029_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116-164029_Samsung Internet.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2
One thing to consider is total surface area. While the diameter is less than 6.5 the length is long. Esentially you are looking at total conductive area in a connector. Assuming on the back side the battery's 10awg wire matches up well then it would probably work fine.

-Liberty

One thing to consider is total surface area. While the diameter is less than 6.5 the length is long. Esentially you are looking at total conductive area in a connector. Assuming on the back side the battery's 10awg wire matches up well then it would probably work fine.

-Liberty
I agree I think 10ga is about the bare minimum. Normally rated around 150Amp at 200C.(mind you 60C ratings are too hot to hold onto the wire at max amp rating) 8 gauge (normally rated 180+ amps @200C) would work better, but if it doesn't fit I think you would be ok.
I honestly didn't think about the benefit of the length of the poles on the connector. I'm so use to the short fat ones lol!

Yes it's 1.5. I think I'll just wait for the 8mm shaft motor

4s lipo's in the house. The MM XLX also came in. Do I need to replace all these with xt90 connectors? Or could I do a Y connectors with 2 xt60 to one xt90?
8059f93e6259690d01b83679d710b8df.jpg
7a472676ea83c4ddbda5868d79fafd07.jpg

Ok first ESC is rewired :) burned just one finger :)

Any tips for charging two batteries at once as i'm going to use them in series to up from 3s to 6s and 4s to 8s. I need some kind of balance board?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks