Engine heat and servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj.jafari

I’m quite concerned how hot my Hitec servos get from the engine/pipe heat on my 5ive T. I got a tuned pipe and have been looking for heat shields online but not finding anything for sale.
Do I need to worry about the heat? Please share your experiences.

Could make your own. I used heat tape from auto parts store on pipe side and some aluminum coil stock.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 21
What other said about heat wrap or tape. If that is not enough, a small piece of 304 stainless steel sheet metal, 18 down to 23 gauge may do the trick. Stainless steel will not transfer or conduct the heat as quickly as aluminum. It will deflect it. Aluminized steel can also work but not as effective as stainless steel for a heat shield. I have used both in an engineering project at work but at a heavier gauge in thickness. Too bad it is heavy not to mention expensive. It may also be difficult to bend or roll if you need to shape it. Perhaps a bad idea, forget I suggested it.

I did this with cardboard
1640479554510.jpeg
1640479587819.jpeg
Also works (and even better if you use a tuned pipe).
I used a nylon spacer and a longer screw to attach this shield to the front of the engine where the black cover is also screwed in.

Btw, it is not the pipe, it is the hot stream of air coming from the engine that is aimed directly to the servo, I’m surprised no one has ever had issues with this since all the 5ts and clones have this same design…

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks