Engine revs but car doesn’t move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokes78

Was driving the car this morning and the car just stopped going. The motor revs like it should but spur gear doesn’t turn. Lol. Hoping it’s just the bolt for the pinion gear. We shall see. Guess.

Pretty common misshap with mtxl- dbxl. It’s probably a broken clutch- pinion bolt. Or it came out completely
They come from the factory with little to no loctite on anything metal to metal.

So the pinion doesn't whilst turn revving either?
If so the only thing I think it can only be is the bolt holding the clutch to the crank come loose.
If everything spins whilst revving bar the wheels then a drive/hub pin has snapped.

Alright it’s been a while the car has just been sitting there. Finally tore it all apart this morning and found that the bolt that holds the pinion gear in place snapped. So I think I have to buy a new clutch bell or try to extract it first. Not sure if I’ll be able to extract it tho.

The way it sheared off is at an angle. Think I’ll screw up the threads drilling the hole. Gonna buy a new one just in case but was wondering if I buy a new pinion gear as well should I just stay with 20 tooth or go 21 what will a bigger gear do speed up or slow down the car more torque less torque
Or should I just spend the little bit of extra $$ and get the vertigo bell and 21 tooth gear with it.

Last edited:
The way it sheared off is at an angle. Think I’ll screw up the threads drilling the hole. Gonna buy a new one just in case but was wondering if I buy a new pinion gear as well should I just stay with 20 tooth or go 21 what will a bigger gear do speed up or slow down the car more torque less torque
Or should I just spend the little bit of extra $$ and get the vertigo bell and 21 tooth gear with it.
No idea on gearing but spend the extra and get the vertigo hex bell. Never have this problem ever again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks