Engine swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcwrecker

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
What is required to do an engine swap(upsize)?
Can you do a straight swap over or what other things would you need to do???
Also is it worth buying a used engine?
Thanks in advance folks 👍😎👍

Yup they all just bolt in the same except for maybe some bigbore engines? Used really ain't worth it unless you can trust it hasn't been run hard or much for that matter. I don't see many deals on engines that I say to myself damn that's a deal.

Yup they all just bolt in the same except for maybe some bigbore engines? Used really ain't worth it unless you can trust it hasn't been run hard or much for that matter. I don't see many deals on engines that I say to myself damn that's a deal.
Thanks mate , so if I can afford one you reckon a 50cc would be a good idea , currently running a wheelie ported 29cc (30.5)

Thanks man

I don’t think you’ll find a used big bore. Check Detroit, he gets the odd one in. I have a 5t baja with a 50 in it. Get ready for forking out lots of $$$. It’s not cheap.
Thanks,it it worth getting a 50cc for speed?

Lol maybe no then,need to save for a hpi, cheers for the heads up 👍😎👍
Doesn’t matter everything you will upgrade needs to be done anyway. My 5t with a 50 in it has only a small handful of hpi parts left.
Thanks,it it worth getting a 50cc for speed?
It is for rips up
And down the yard. Takes the fun bashing out of it. Putting a bb in a baja changes what you do with it.

Doesn’t matter everything you will upgrade needs to be done anyway. My 5t with a 50 in it has only a small handful of hpi parts left.
Is the 50cc worth it speed wise?

It is for rips up
And down the yard. Takes the fun bashing out of it. Putting a bb in a baja changes what you do with it.
What parts do you buy?

Um necessary plus a kraken extended arm kit. Going to need the extra width for stability. $800 usd. Ish.
Wow ,is it worth the money?I've also got a 3s xsyr pro (not working,drive shaft keeps popping out on the front)and damn can it shift...

For speed a twin is best. Your looking at 5-6k if you can't find a good used roller w/ a wheelie bar. Then you need tires that can handle the power which is gonna cost some coin in itself.

I've seen them run and it's something to watch for sure but for 5-6k I can buy a real car or bike and actually race it lol.

For speed a twin is best. Your looking at 5-6k if you can't find a good used roller w/ a wheelie bar. Then you need tires that can handle the power which is gonna cost some coin in itself.

I've seen them run and it's something to watch for sure but for 5-6k I can buy a real car or bike and actually race it lol.
Yea fair one , there's a custom guy stateside that does some cool as fk stuff but well dear ...

i would say long block oneil brothers racing for cheap power. for ~$300 you can get a 8hp longblock, you just transfer your current engine parts over to it (coil, clutch, carb, etc). if you did that you'll probably want a new carb and pipe. or you can spend more money on their site for more power. you can email them asking for advice.

i usually buy good or aluminum replacement parts as the original ones break.

you should download the manual for both the baja 5b and the 23cc motor it comes with. that will tell you all the torque specs, procedures, etc. never forget these are like near 100% compatible with the 5b.

no one really buys used. maybe try facebook groups? probably won't get scammed, prob spend more money for a probably good motor. 1k plus for a motor you're not sure about?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks