Engine wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done everything I know to get it to start its not the fuel I hav spark its all adjusted not flooded so why wont it start new 5t 2.0 ran it a couple times started the other day warming up and it quit and wont start back up

Since you say its new do you have a killswitch on it? If not then since it shut down while running we need to figure out why. Did you install a new plug? Can you take a picture and upload it here so we can see what it looks like?

Yes you can feel it feels just like it did when I pulled it out of box I did hav a melt down on wires but replaced everything already
Havnt been able to get new spark plug to late were im at to do that but im getting goid spark
Checking gap now business card

don't hold your breath for the spark plug, they have a habit of fowling out and still sparking out of the engine. Besides that they are cheap and easy to replace. If that's not the issue then its fuel. But well get to that once you've delt with the ignition system. Would hurt to make sure the flywheel is in there tight as well.

if you don't have a new plug yet, warm the end of the plug up with a cigarette lighter of similar to dry any fuel thats in the end of the plug,
put the plug back in while its still warm and try and start it,
from your description of what happened i'd say it fouled the plug then flooded when you tried to restart ,
you could also take the air filter off and tip the car on its side ( carb side) and see if raw fuel comes out the carb, refit the filter and see if it starts as normal,

Ok finally got a new spark plug new fuel and still nothing im so confused
I hav spark fuel did I blow my engine of need a new carb
Your the second one that fried wires. How is this happening???

I also bought a box of ngk plugs as its just a 2 stroke thing
Mine was from on off switch

Ok finally got a new spark plug new fuel and still nothing im so confused
I hav spark fuel did I blow my engine of need a new carb

Mine was from on off switch
so you have spark and fuel ?
have you checked the coil gap ? made sure that the coils not slightly dragging on the flywheel,
or more likely check the woodruff key in the crank, make sure the key for the flywheel hasnt sheered off and flywheel spun on the crank,

Its most likely going to be something that was checked ... I really have a strong suspicion. Im not sure what kind of killswitch your using but mine shuts down when the battery voltage gets down to 4 or so volts. I know you said you unplugged the killswitch but again another suspicion is that your engine is behaving as mine did when I blew it up but I shut mine down your shut down on its own. If you can snap a few pictures of the piston from where the exhaust can is. Just unbolt the can from the head. Im curious now at this point if you lost compression

so you have spark and fuel ?
have you checked the coil gap ? made sure that the coils not slightly dragging on the flywheel,
or more likely check the woodruff key in the crank, make sure the key for the flywheel hasnt sheered off and flywheel spun on the crank,
Yes coil gap is good and fly wheel is tight

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks