Esc replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I have just bought a couple of boats off fleebay and the esc that drives them is U/S.
Are there any esc's out there that can make a replacement...forgot to say the drive to the boats are the turning as well.E.g ,there is no rudder just a way of turning via the screws.
Oh,they are not LS just normal scale but I don't know where to ask.
J

Twin esc mixer

I have just bought a couple of boats off fleebay and the esc that drives them is U/S.
Are there any esc's out there that can make a replacement...forgot to say the drive to the boats are the turning as well.E.g ,there is no rudder just a way of turning via the screws.
Oh,they are not LS just normal scale but I don't know where to ask.
J

Hi mate I was trying to do the same to a boat last year that steered with the twin props but it has lay in the roof space gathering dust as I got an off shore warrior and a segad microcat but I might try that project again I was looking at this

Duratrax ESC-15K 16.8V Dual Motor/Dual Battery ESC

Sorry it's not a link its from tower hobbys if you copy & paste to google you will find it , I think it will work great ;)

Twin esc mixer

Hi mate I was trying to do the same to a boat last year that steered with the twin props but it has lay in the roof space gathering dust as I got an off shore warrior and a segad microcat but I might try that project again I was looking at this

Duratrax ESC-15K 16.8V Dual Motor/Dual Battery ESC

Sorry it's not a link its from tower hobbys if you copy & paste to google you will find it , I think it will work great ;)

Have a look at this they are talking about the same probs but some solutions

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903374

Rob

I think you can use one esc , or two esc with the imposite motors wired up in reverse like one motors power wires are back to front when wired up , so they both run in opposite directions but put propeller screws in different directions and use y leads to wire up to the steering channel but I haven't worked it out yet on that forum someone mentioned it or you can use a cheap Chinese heli mixer but its a little complicated for me coz I don't understand it properly but , it could be simple just I haven't asked enough questions yet to people I know I heard someone else tell me this before , something to ponder over I think lol
Robert

Your pajero

Just like to take the opertunity to tell you I loved your pajero
And the deeside vid was what made me buy a brand new pajero shelf queenlast month ! :) il put a thumb nail pic on as photo bucket isn't putting Img files on for me at the min , I don't know why , the stock zenoah it fast it it but I would love to do the 25.4 cc upgrade you done ! I want to see mine wheely hehe but what tires where you using on the back as I'm just spinning wheels like crazy with no grip , I think if I had grip it might want to wheely . As the stick g230 is amazingly quick as I took your advice on a post I read from you ! I broke it in with full throttle really fast now I was wondering have I been running to lean its so quick but no grip to tell me exactly how much power & torque
Cheers mate
Robert

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
Love it! thats what they are there for mate. I have recently sold a BNIP pajero shel and BNIP undertray....withed I had of saved it now I have seen yours.
J
25.4 conversions are at DDM mate...cracking investment.

Cheers mate

Love it! thats what they are there for mate. I have recently sold a BNIP pajero shel and BNIP undertray....withed I had of saved it now I have seen yours.
J
25.4 conversions are at DDM mate...cracking investment.

Cheers mate ! That vid was what made me want it :)
Now I want another I'm so happy with it ! I'm going for the 25.4 looks amazing !
:) :) :)

Twin esc mixer

Looks good mate ! :) :) :) I like the idea of plug & play its a lot Easyer and the one I was showing you had a problem as it was 16.8v so batterys a bit heavy for a smaller boat , nice find mate , I was wanting to do sonething with the one I have , it was either that or bin it or let it get dusty for another 5 years lol
Rob

Rudder

I bought a couple of these for another set-up in case the dual ESC didnt work.
Thinking of powering the two motors and having a rudder instead.
J

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11766__CNC_Rudder_Small.html

Yea I think your right it might be a lot less hassle to run both motors from a good esc and add a rudder ! Are you going to mount 2 on 1 boat or will one be enough , I have a cracker esc here I can use with lipo , if I used that or 2 and get another I think I may have a fast boat on my hands with twin props il put up a few pics of what I have in a min , sea king 35 a watercoooled brushless waterproof esc 60a bursts for 10 secs I have one in my offshore warrior and beleive me its quick !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3
Offshore warrior

This thing went on fire in the summer the esc burned and I had to go for a swim in my local lake in front of everyone red faced so I bought the sea king 35a escs put one in the warrior with 11.1v 2200 mah lipo and its kwick as hell , if I do it with the wee twin prop boat il need a rudder with a pickup and some tubing to run through motors and out for cooling , il need motors aswell for that boat here's a pic of the offshore warrior

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 5
Esc

wheres the esc from Doggy?
j

Hobby wing sea king 35a watercoooled eBay £22.99
Sorry I can't link on my iPhone but if you search eBay with the name I discribed then it should come up for you , they're waterproof and brushless lipo power in my warrior its amazing watercoooled esc and good price from china I think , mine came no problem I think some are free delivery :)

Esc

wheres the esc from Doggy?
j

These are amazing I reckon if I link two of these up with brushless sensor less motors with 2 lipos say 11.1 v 1800mah at each side of the hull for balance and they are lighter it would be sweet with the twin motors ! Maybe go up to 2200 mah at each side if I think it will sit properly in the water with the weight of two 2200 mah , I think it may be ok il post a pic of my project boat it maybe simaler to yours !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks