ESP Race ported engine - Breaking in procedure & first thoughts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys!

What's best method for running in an ESP race ported engine. (G320).

With stock engines ive always just done:

1st tank: no more than 1/4 throttle with little blips of throttle
2nd: as above but no more than 1/2 throttle
3rd: as above but no more than 3/4 throtle
4th: normal useage!

...but with modded engines i take it that its a slightly different procedure?

Any info much appreciated! thanks :)

Well, took it out today for 1st run...

What a difference from the stock g32! I know you guys said it don't need to be run in, but i ran 2 full tanks through it, each tank at around half empty (or half full whichever!) id stop for a 10 min break and let engine cool a little. each time the engine was definitely loosening up as it would have more power/speed etc, think ive got the tuning bang on, will do some fine tweaking next outing, but yup, very impressed, woke my dibby up as before the low end was meh, but now its got lots of power.

I have 2 pipes atm, a Bartelone mid bleed silenced & the Olimat end bleed unsilenced. Not tried the Olimat pipe with this engine yet, so I'm going to wait until ive ran a few tanks through it with the Bartelone & then I will swap pipes over to see what its like with the Olimat to compare them, but on the stock zen, the bartelone definitely seemed to give more performance than the olimat, so will see!

Once ive decided which pipe I will use, I will be selling the other!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks