Eventful Deeside bash, 5/9/10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyperpete

Another great days bashing at Deeside again today, although it included a bit of an un-pleasant incident courtesy of yours truly :(

After setting the track out and having a few great races, me and Paul B were having a great little battle, when we entered the corner nearest to where we were standing, and I lost control of my car on a bump, which promptly flew straight towards the very young son of Jason (I'm pretty sure that was his name , new guy at deeside), and clouted his legs just as his dad scooped him up out of the way.

It all happened really quick and I felt terrible afterwards when the young lad was crying:( I don't think he was hurt too bad but this has been an eye opener for me, and I think we need to take a lot more care when kids are around while bashing at deeside.

This IS a dangerous sport and it is easy to forget that sometimes. This incident could have been a lot worse but thankfully it wasn't. But from now on I think we all need to be a bit more careful at Deeside when there are kids about.

And if you are reading this Jason.. again... I'm REALLY sorry mate !:(

Will post vid soon

Moved this from the old thread.

Nice to meet some new faces yet again, we're getting a fair few visiting now.
jackrod was the first to get the deeside curse, he bent the front of his chassis just before i turned up, hope you get it sorted soon bud. Ended up with him having an early day.
Also jas the last off baja-forum turned up, his was running really well until he too became a member of the deeside newbie curse, his ss pipe blew to bits, looked like a stick of tnt was set off inside of it.

So it ended up with PaulB, Hyperpete, Pablo and myself to have our race around the cones. It was nice to be able to trash without too many cars flying all over the place, even though pete took out jas the lasts young 4 year old out when his car hit a divot and made it go off course slamming into dad and lad (poor bugger was upset, shame on you pete), thankfully no damage to anyone though.

It did end up with a few casualties at the end but hey thats how it is.
Did enjoy todays bash i've got to say.

yea mate it can get ugly real quick i,ve done exactaly the same thing when i hit a kid with my baja i can be a real eye opener to how dangerous these things can be, on a lighter note did you see paul b ram my baja he said it was,nt bling enough so he rammed it,:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it was a good day:). a few casualty's again but that's deeside and we all know about the curse it has on the new boys...:(
like you said pete this hobby is dangerous and we should do a boundary for viewers:white-flag:

it was a good day:). a few casualty's again but that's deeside and we all know about the curse it has on the new boys...:(
like you said pete this hobby is dangerous and we should do a boundary for viewers:white-flag:

I agree mate. All us drivers know the risks of standing at the edge of the track, but for people watching I agree its probably a good idea to have some kind of safety boundary.

yea mate it can get ugly real quick i,ve done exactaly the same thing when i hit a kid with my baja i can be a real eye opener to how dangerous these things can be, on a lighter note did you see paul b ram my baja he said it was,nt bling enough so he rammed it,:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeh mate I saw him ram you !!!!:lol: Terrible behaviour !!!:lol::lol::lol:

He actually said to me before he did it.... "Watch this, I'm gonna smash that Pablo real good" !!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

paul you rammed me, you said it was over blig.....:w00t::lol::lol::lol::lol:

At least it was only plastic and metal, not like pete and his blood thirsty baja, it was like watchin the zombie smelling blood.

I'm gonna have some stern words with me Baja later! It was in a bit of a crazy mood today ! It needs to calm down a bit !! Maybe I need to have a word with my throttle finger too !:rolleyes:

Sounds like a good day apart from the little chap being hit. I hopwfully will be up next weekend. Need to have a go at racing mine.

Are you sure you want your nice and shiny new MCD surrounded by battered baja's, with some who don't care whats in their way. :lol::lol::lol:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks