Ever seen this before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Rob over at HBF(Ram-tech)was going to start importing them or something but he got one and checked it out and it turned out to be pretty crappy.
Glad to see you made it over jason I remember you from RCUsless:) and the old compagnucci beetle.Still have yours??:(

I just talked to the factory. There will be a new distributor soon. You all know his name, so just wait a few more weeks. I'll ask him to announce it if he can. Supposedly he is making alot more changes than I could have done, so that may be a good thing to wait for.

I know Rob over at HBF(Ram-tech)was going to start importing them or something but he got one and checked it out and it turned out to be pretty crappy.
Glad to see you made it over jason I remember you from RCUsless:) and the old compagnucci beetle.Still have yours??:(

Hey! No, I sold the Compagnucci to a guy who actually races them. For me, it turned out to be a shelf queen and an occasional parking lot car.

This is a nice forum. I would probably have checked it out earlier, but I resist change. :batman:

Jason

It's a Technokit Supercross RTR

These are the main characteristics
- 1/6th scale off road model
- Rear positioned pullstart engine, 2 stroke cylinder, piston displacement: 23 cm³
- Fuel: unleaded petrol 4% mixture with synthetic oil
- Chassis in ergal with side guards
- Rear transmission with Technokit planetary self lockingdifferential
- Rear brake with 50 mm. ventilated steel disk and ferodo brakepads
- Independent suspension with 4 large volume adjustable oil filled shocks
- Front end with adjustable toe in/out and camber angle
- 700 ml. Fuel tank made in special anti expansion plastic
- Roll cage with quick-lock system for easy maintenance
- High downforce rear wing
- High grip offroad tyres mounted on 5 spoke beadlock rims
- Pistol grip radio, servos, receiver, switch included and installed
- Rechargeable receiver battery with charger included

Retails for about 650€ @ RCFun

Some pics:
sx_1.jpg

sx_2.jpg

sx_3.jpg

sx_4.jpg

supercross_06B.jpg

Looks pretty decent. Don't know about the quality though.:mellow:

Looks like a cheap 5b knockoff. Ya get what ya pay for! Nothing like a major RC company like HPI with backing/support and parts. Been down the cheaper road and it's not cheap! Only in quality. Always someone out there looking to cash in on the popularity of a product. Just MHO and experiance:)

The one on eBay is an XRC RC-2 which is a copy of the Technokit
As Rob said the new importer to the USA will have some soon and is asking for some changes.

I have the on-road version RC-1 my son (11 years old) drives it. He has been hit really hard in the last two races he had it out. So far not a finish of a race weekend due to me not having parts but with the new importer that will not be an issue.

Motor is really slow when held up to Zenoah standards BUT for the task it is fine. Starts really easy... We will see the jury is still out.

But what people don't realize, for that cheap price, it WILL bring more people to the Gas market. I have talked to many people who liked the Baja, and the FG MT, but when i tell them its frakin $1100 or so for an RTR, they just cower!
This might get some Nitro guys who are willing to spend $500 for a Revo, to jump to the Largescales.
If i had the $ i would buy a bunch and some parts, i know i could move them up here in the North.

Here too! Nascar is huge around here, get me some of these and stockcar shells and things would be good.

I talked with VSModelsport today about something else, and told them of my concerns. They should be getting the latest design version in their shipment. We are taking the RC-2 out this weekend with the ATVs, I'll report back Saturday night.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks