Fake computer support scammers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate that ,I had them call me ,saying that my Apple PC needed fixed ,I told him that I didn't own an Apple ,he said that I did!......:mad:

Well ,we argued about it ,an the India dude down right was getting vulgar ,an tried to convince me that I had an Apple PC!...WTF

Now they are using your area code an first 3 digits of folks home city or town to entice people to answer the phone ,some
don't show the name ,it is a bunch of #'s !

LOL.....I got my 8 yr old G-son yelling at me when he is over playing video games ,he see's the number on the phone an
yells at me saying it is scammers!......LOL......When the phone rings ,I will be somewhere else in the house ,its SCAMMERS!....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I get tons of calls to buy vehicle warranties for cars I don’t even own any more.

Also get calls from the IRS saying I need to pay or else I’m going to prison lol.
Also I get calls saying I won several thousand and they need my account info to deposite the money ?

And you’re right about them calling now with local area codes so you pick up easier!

the other annoying Calls I get are from the state troopers, they call asking for a random person and when you tell em they got the wrong Number they hit you with it’s ok. We’re just calling for a cash donation LOL

Last edited:
I come from a military family so I donate to the police fire department and support all military organizations so I just tell them I have already donated in person but yeah I get tons of calls from them and the IRS is always funny for me because I tell those idiots I haven't paid my taxes in twenty years lol.

The video is kinda neat but really he's not done much. Flooded a few phones and tied up some of their time. As he admits these guys are making tons of cash doing this scam, you think one person flooding a couple lines is going to be enough to for the scammers to say "oh the heck with it, lets stop". NOPE!

Podcast, Reply All, has a fantastic investigation and interview with some of the guys at these type of call centers. You can find them here #102 Long Distance, and #103 Long Distance II - both are long but VERY good.

Sadly the scammers are making hundreds of thousands a year doing this for nearly no cost to them. In many cases the people running the scam aren't even paying their employee's.

At best they inconvenience the scammers to quickly relocate to a whole new office or area.

That was pretty long, but I just couldn't stop watching!

I used to work in tech support and no matter how many times we issued scam alerts, people were still taken in by this crap. I honestly feel bad for the people who fall for these scams. But in this day and age, you should have enough computer savvy relatives whom you can call on to verify this poop if you don't have the experience to recognize it on your own.

Dammit, now I need to call my Grandma to remind her... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ?

I have a friend that lives in Colombia and he says there are thousands of jobs available doing this.He told me everyone that can speak fluent english is doing this over there and these types of jobs are paying almost double the national average to make it more enticing for people looking for legitimate forms of employment to consider it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks