FG 4wd elektro " What is the best engine ESC and LIPO combination? "

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momotaro

A few years ago I already had an FG on gas and I sold it for lack of time to drive it

I start back with rc cars and recently I was on a circuit and I found that I was attracted to 1/5 scale cars again. but now I only want to drive electrically.
Now I see the FG FG Sportsline 4WD-530 Electric Porsche 962C but see that all parts are plastic compared to the aluminum parts of the evo gas models. I also find the proposed engine less or do I now see it as a beginner. my question is now do I buy an evo model and convert it to electro or a sportsline electric and so which engine, ESC and lipos should I choose. I would like to hear from you proposals without looking at the purchase price?
Greetzz danny

It depends on what you want from it because its going to be very expensive and you will enjoy short run times. Electric is still not a perfect option for large scales. I think one of our members had personal experience with it and went back to gas.

yeah me..?.had brushless dbxl for all of about 5-6 runs before it went petrol..?.then tried my baja on 8s..?..which lasted 2x lots of 8s? then it went bak to petrol..?.15-20min run times r shite imo ?esp when ur used to almost 45mins -1hr on a tank..?...if u wanna go all out then get a mgm esc and a tp motor?..which will allow u to run 12-14-16s.....?...or cheaper option is a hobbywing max5 esc and a motor from say leopard/tenshock/robotronic for sum 8s fun?
how deep r ur pockets is the main question?
lipos I'd go with gensacearespammers as there quality and easily available ?...others r of course available?
i have a 8s max5 and a robotronic razor 14s motor in my traxxarse x maxx and it shifts..?..obv better then any 1/5 on 8s would as its all plastic fantastic so its alot lighter?

Last edited:
I have to agree with @evssv. He hit it spot on. Anything much larger then 1/8 scale seems to be where the hobby gets crazy expensive to have fun with, with out deep pockets. Imo 12s would be a minimum for a decent, reliable, 1/5 scale rig. In a few more years technology will hopefully be up to providing us with good options for power and run time.

I'm saying what they are saying. 1/5 are way to heavy, so you'll have really short run times, they don't make cool noises, and they really aren't that fast, plus they cost a TON! so if I were you, I'd just slap a decent engine in there like a OBR or something, much longer run times, most likely faster (depending on what you get) cheaper, and make some brap brap lol

eekkk
guys thanks for the responses .. you can know, based on experience is always fair!
I'm probably going to buy a second hand gas powered Fg 1/5 EVO from a friend ....
further than a 1/7 or 1/8 xray pancar or arrma limitless I don't know anymore any proposals from you? where are you all from, I am from Belgium?
greetzz danny

eekkk
guys thanks for the responses .. you can know, based on experience is always fair!
I'm probably going to buy a second hand gas powered Fg 1/5 EVO from a friend ....
further than a 1/7 or 1/8 xray pancar or arrma limitless I don't know anymore any proposals from you? where are you all from, I am from Belgium?
greetzz danny
Xray 1/8 pancar are awesome ? but will cost the same as a decent 1/5? fg is a good platform or a losi 5t/b?

Th eli
eekkk
greetzz danny
limitless will certainly put hair on your balls and give you swearty hands. It is boss level RC.

people I have been away from the RC circuit for several years, your information and experience is super important to me !!! I am a tech freak and immediately want to buy the best to start back, so I would like to hear your ideas regardless of the purchase price.

people I have been away from the RC circuit for several years, your information and experience is super important to me !!! I am a tech freak and immediately want to buy the best to start back, so I would like to hear your ideas regardless of the purchase price.

If you want the best of the best and money is no issue then get an Elcon fourteX. https://www.elcon-models.nl/en/ for offroad or a 'mecatech', or 'genius' https://www.genius-racing.com or 'harm' https://www.hrc-parts.nl/en/cars/ for your on-road needs., As dougstar mentioned then MCD is also absolutely top end and their platform is very clever and can easily convert from off to on-road. So you can have two cars in one and then just change a few bells and gearing ratio to go from one to the other.
Limitless is the fastest RTR around but it is meant for speed runs. I think you will get more fun out of its brother the 'infraction'. It is at any rate hard to go wrong with ARRMA as a brand. They are the cool kid in class, right now. If you don't mind putting things together then 'tekno' is a brand with some solid RC's under their belt but they only make kits. Thts off the top of my head right now.

It is a beast. But 3000$ for a roller is only for those that really mean something with it. On the other hand. Here is a list of upgrades you will need during its lifespan:

/list start
/end list

So if you look at it like that, its really not that expensive. We all know what our own lowly toys cost once we get into a bit of hopupping. It easily reach 3k before you even touch the engine.

It is a beast. But 3000$ for a roller is only for those that really mean something with it. On the other hand. Here is a list of upgrades you will need during its lifespan:

/list start
/end list

So if you look at it like that, its really not that expensive. We all know what our own lowly toys cost once we get into a bit of hopupping. It easily reach 3k before you even touch the engine.
For sure hopups do add up ? but I also find it fun. Searching for parts reviews ect all add to the experience of having your new HOTROD?????

@Doug. I agree wholeheartedly. Also those race specific vehicles are pretty boring. I love the MTXL in large part because its whack. And once they release them I am going to pour RcMax hopups into it until my wallet starts weeping and the wife moves over to her moms for a fortnite, along with the children.

@Doug. I agree wholeheartedly. Also those race specific vehicles are pretty boring. I love the MTXL in large part because its whack. And once they release them I am going to pour RcMax hopups into it until my wallet starts weeping and the wife moves over to her moms for a fortnite, along with the children.
Ill cheer you on from the sidelines ??? .........do you think they'll rerelease it?? or are you just talking about the new rcmax project?

Yeah just the RcMax stuff. I really hope whoreizon do not touch this truck any further. Losi did a good thing and their corporate overlords did what they do best. Screw up opportunity and going slowly bankrupt from trying to be woke to appease a small clique of professional complainers while ignoring their own talentmass. You know, corporate stuff.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks