FG 4wd elektro " What is the best engine ESC and LIPO combination? "

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want the best of the best and money is no issue then get an Elcon fourteX. https://www.elcon-models.nl/en/ for offroad or a 'mecatech', or 'genius' https://www.genius-racing.com or 'harm' https://www.hrc-parts.nl/en/cars/ for your on-road needs., As dougstar mentioned then MCD is also absolutely top end and their platform is very clever and can easily convert from off to on-road. So you can have two cars in one and then just change a few bells and gearing ratio to go from one to the other.
Limitless is the fastest RTR around but it is meant for speed runs. I think you will get more fun out of its brother the 'infraction'. It is at any rate hard to go wrong with ARRMA as a brand. They are the cool kid in class, right now. If you don't mind putting things together then 'tekno' is a brand with some solid RC's under their belt but they only make kits. Thts off the top of my head right now.
Best,
thanks for the information !!
everything has become a lot clearer.
"Thrasher" certainly thanks for the links a lot of positive info that I can continue with.
MCD cars, genius, mecatech and Harm for electro I will investigate this further.
Now thanks to you I know that there is much more than Fg models.
I will come back to this later and will show what I will enjoy.
Thanks again to all.
greetzzz danny

Whoah hold you horses there, sport. I think the only one that makes an electric model is genius. Take a look at what it takes to have enough power and time in a very light vehicle. Their car is more battery than car. The only out of the box large scale electric that I can think of is Losi - dbxl-e. These other brands come without engines but you are going to need to buy or produce things with which to attach the engine and batteries. I don't think you can get some that just fit, off shelf. Keep that in mind. You said 'money no issue' therefore I reccomended those brands. But if you are going to have to make your own maadification perhaps you should look into the cheaper (but still very good) brands such as losi or Fg. There is also newcommer '30 degrees north' with a pretty nice and well priced buggy.

https://www.genius-racing.com/automodelli-elettrici/

Here is a youtube channel of a guy that converts large scales to electric.
He have afair a full build video of his Vekta 5. He paid the vehicles price in electrics to get enough power for it to make any sense and 15-20 minutes run time. The only electric RTR I would even consider is genius, but take a look at that battery pack. Thats what it takes to run a single heat. You are going to need two if you are going racing and I am unconvinced by the ESC in it tbh. I doubt its a batterypack they bought off the shelf. I really like Fg and think they make cool stuff but I wouldnt touch those conversions of theirs with a ten foot pole.

Another thing to consider is that there is such a thing as too much torque. When the vehicle is this heavy, if you go offroad you are going to find that it accelerates slowly because it cant get a grip on the surface. Look at the Vekta, it scoots around like a freaking boat. Going down in power is not going to solve that issue.

The dragonhammer volts looks sick. The dragonhammer is an awesome vehicle.

I think you'll find that the esc will need programmed to tame the throttle curve down untill you reach higher speeds/throttle. And you'll still have to be nice in the trigger till it get going fast. It can and has been done mate it's just very expensive.

I'm a tool. I just realized that genius writes the price for their batterypack on the page. Doh. 400 euro fiat per pack or 450 American fun bucks.

If you want electric you should absolutely go for it.

I think me and the rest of the gang here just don't want you to get burned and end up with 1000+ bucks worth of electrics and realize you would have been better of spending the same money on a top of the line engine from one of the darling shed company makers we all know and love. 1000 bucks will give you A LOT of gas engine.

As I have said before. The large scales are so well made that you have to work at it to go wrong. Its not even a price issue because in my personal opinion I prefer the flexability of nylon plastics but do acknolwedge that for on-road use alloys are stiffer and look much better but are also crisper so a crash can mean completely broken a-arms and a bend chassis. Which in turn means complete replacement rather than just getting spare parts.

Theres pros and cons everywhere and I think you should spend a little time getting to know both before you dole out.

All that said... I would get the fourtex or MCD's platform. Fourtex because its overdesigned and I am a nerd, MCD because its smart...and because I am a nerd. (edit: and MCD's own top of the line build is teh sexy times!)

Thanks for your ideas, I still notice that for me it's about onroad models not buggies.
the Genius XR4E looks super but weighs 11 kg the Harm EX-S 11.5 kg the FG Sportsline 4WD-530 Electric Porsche 962C weighs 9.5 kg (without lipos) So with these models we are all at the same weight .....
not the same price from 1200 (fg) to 4000 euros for complete XR4E
Since I am a technic freak, I will certainly try various engines and ESC and Lipos and I would like to make adjustments for that.
Now I have lost it for a while too much choice ......
what kind of engine and ESC can I use in this chassis?
that the bateries are expensive I know but someone should be so crazy to try it ...
and it is good for the environment .... (LOL)

It's been a few years I know, but did you ever buy anything? Any experiences you would like to share?
I am considering the same, but even in 2022 the experiences of electrical on-road racing seems limited.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks