FG challenge Line 530 2wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axavie86

Hi all,
Brand new to rc cars but I’ve decided to take it up as a hobby and just thrown myself in the deep end and bought a FG challenge line 530 2wd. I bought the car 2nd hand but it is in fact brand new and never been run. I understand it’s going to be a learning curve so not rushing into anything with this car and willing to take my time with it to get used to it. Before I take it on it’s first run I would like to check a few of the adjustments on the car so I don’t run into trouble. I’ve found trying to find set up instructions or base settings for the car quite difficult so far and wondered if any body has any base settings they could share for this model as a starting point? One of my main concerns is the ride height as I feel it’s set a little too low as the front of the shell is only a few mil off the ground and doesn’t allow much suspension travel before the front bumper and shell bottom out so I don’t really want to ruin a brand new shell on its first run. Also would like to make sure front and rear toe is correct as well as droop. Any info, hints or tips would be much appreciated. Cheers. Ash

Attachments

• 089E09A1-7777-44A4-8769-7AB9F968992C.jpeg
    089E09A1-7777-44A4-8769-7AB9F968992C.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 9899719F-01DD-45B5-AEA6-B915F6A90BB8.png
    9899719F-01DD-45B5-AEA6-B915F6A90BB8.png
    425.9 KB · Views: 26
  • F4A8BAEF-B37E-4FD0-9C9B-DFBA71BF5DC9.jpeg
    F4A8BAEF-B37E-4FD0-9C9B-DFBA71BF5DC9.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 23
  • BBA237F1-3324-4954-8147-55F9365FA296.jpeg
    BBA237F1-3324-4954-8147-55F9365FA296.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 8DAE58FE-9994-4317-A158-1D96CA12AFCA.png
    8DAE58FE-9994-4317-A158-1D96CA12AFCA.png
    342.3 KB · Views: 20
Awesome car 👍🏻 not too familiar with the 2wd front end on an fg........my first question is the shock placement adjustment on the lower arm or shock tower 🤔. Moving the shock closer in should rase the height coupled with droop screw adjustment on the upper link. Next id say please go here and introduce yourself 👉🏻https://www.largescaleforums.com/forums/introduce-yourself/

Hi,best thing for your to do is get used to driving the car. Don't worry about setups at this point. You need to get experience driving period at this point. It'll help when you make changes in the future to how those changes affect your car. Things like tire choice and shocks adjustments will affect your car alot.
Your car is a starter made for new drivers so your adjustments are limited until you move up in range by changing parts or buying a higher level spec'd car.
So enjoy getting used to your new car, then you can move up if you want to race seriously or just do upgrades.
Depending on if there's anyplace to race by you,use that to get racing experience and setup tips and just learn.
Each car is different and respond differently to adjustments.
If you still want to race in higher pro level classes I'd advise you to buy a new/used higher spec car because attempting to upgrade parts is going to be cost prohibitive and alot of that money would be better spent on a higher level car to begin with. You can only go so far on this platform (Challenge) as chassis etc are different on higher spec cars.
Body: be sure body and posts are adjusted to the right height. Theres very little ground ckearence on these cars as they're made to run on flat surfaces.

Hello Ash,
please check the front axle because FG7T2M will use the the wrong parts or better to say a wrong combination on the Challange line cars. If you have under the front bulk heads a separate plate please remove it and screw back the axle onto the chassis to get the right angle. Also important to check the distance ring on the lower a-arm, please use there one ring in front and behind the a-arm to get the right caster. With the upper arm you can then better adjust the grip level.

Hello Ash,
please check the front axle because FG7T2M will use the the wrong parts or better to say a wrong combination on the Challange line cars. If you have under the front bulk heads a separate plate please remove it and screw back the axle onto the chassis to get the right angle. Also important to check the distance ring on the lower a-arm, please use there one ring in front and behind the a-arm to get the right caster. With the upper arm you can then better adjust the grip level.
Hi Wolle, Thank you this info, good to know. At this point I’m still learning the car and all of its components, so might have to bare with me🤣 would you know of where I can purchase or download a build diagram or exploded parts view at all? I have a photocopied one which came with the car but it’s poor quality and also in German🙄 I’m guessing by removing the plate(if it has one) will theoretically raise the chassis up? Do you have a base ride height setting the car should be running at so I have a rough idea if it’s right or not? Thank you again for your help it’s much appreciated👍 Cheers

Hi Wolle, Thank you this info, good to know. At this point I’m still learning the car and all of its components, so might have to bare with me🤣 would you know of where I can purchase or download a build diagram or exploded parts view at all? I have a photocopied one which came with the car but it’s poor quality and also in German🙄 I’m guessing by removing the plate(if it has one) will theoretically raise the chassis up? Do you have a base ride height setting the car should be running at so I have a rough idea if it’s right or not? Thank you again for your help it’s much appreciated👍 Cheers
Hello Ash,
we drive the Touring car with a ride high of 6- 8mm on a race track are the 6mm better on a parking lot something like that are the 8mm the better choice because it is not so flat like on a track. To adjust the right high you can use a 6 or 8 mm drill lay it under the chassis and then you can adjust the car.
Here is also the link for a good basic set up:
https://rc-car-online.de/en-tippstricks_look.html?&tipp=9
On your challange line you can´t adjust the front axle like the normal Sportsline or Evo because your upper a-arms are not adjustable but it will work.

Hi Wolle,
That’s great, thank you👍 Unfortunately the link doesn’t work for me but I’ll keep trying. Is the ride height set the same front and rear? I’ll probably use the upper limit at 8mm then seeing as I will be practicing in car parks to start with until I’ve built up some experience and confidence with the car then progress to the track. The plate under the front bulk heads you were talking about earlier, is it angled like a wedge shape? And causes the front axle assembly to Angle back towards the rear of the car? If so, yes my car has this plate fitted? Thanks again👍

Hallo Ash,
the ride high is for the front and rear the same, so remove the plate and screw the axle back to the chassis to reduce the angle then it will work much better.
If you want you can give me call then I can help you easier by phone, use the rc-car-online phone number and ask for me.

That’s awesome, thank you so much for your help and yes I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks! One last thing, can I use the original screws to screw down the bulk heads to the chassis once I remove the plate or do I need to purchase shorter screws? Thanks again. Ash

That’s awesome, thank you so much for your help and yes I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks! One last thing, can I use the original screws to screw down the bulk heads to the chassis once I remove the plate or do I need to purchase shorter screws? Thanks again. Ash
at the lower end you can use the same screws like before because there the distance is not changed at the front end you will need shorter screws because the plate is 8mm high, use there the same at the rear bulkhead good size is 4,2x16 FG part number 6712/16

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks