Fg f1 winter project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the two 4wd project's ready for the bodies, then sold them. Wanted to focus on my scale Helicopters for a while. Wish I would have kept them I almost have the parts to build another one. I really need to complete all the projects I have going, I'm starting to get overloaded with stuff.

I know the feeling of having so many projects. I've been working on a contrast Quattro for about 2 months now off and on. It's gotten to the point that I'm afraid to run a car and risk breaking it due to possibly setting me back from another project. I hate leaving stuff broken. So may wait to run anything until it's all done which hopefully should be this Spring.

going to stick to 5th scale cars these are the last of my heli's, going to put them on line today never going to get them done like 5th scale more and cant do both.

Last edited:
it's belt, wish I could do direct drive but don't think it's possible on the sportline. nothing special on the twin servo's same stock mount.

I found out that there is/was a direct drive kit. Offered by mmr, was north of $600 though. Discontinued but there should be some floating around, if I had the cash right now I'd for sure give them a buzz. From what I hear the direct drive is a much better and faster system..... Make any progress on your car? I tore mine half apart for the first time the other night. What a nightmare getting this damn motor out. So many bolts to remove.

found a few direct drive conversions but not worth the money to me, if I was going to be racing I would get one. not sure what to do next, the suspension is going to be the most pain in the neck to complete might start on that next going to be around 300$ to get it done

found a few direct drive conversions but not worth the money to me, if I was going to be racing I would get one. not sure what to do next, the suspension is going to be the most pain in the neck to complete might start on that next going to be around 300$ to get it done

Maryon,

Check your PM box.

I think the engine quick fix system is gonna be my first investment. Have you tried pulling that motor yet? It's real time consuming. After that I'm ripping that crappy diff out! Going with the scm2 powerlock. I'm not the best driver yet but the car just begs to spin at speed.... I hear ya on the suspension. I have quiet a bit of tweaking to do myself and have no idea where to start. Probably gonna have to shell out the better part of $200 just for the setup tools. If you'd like I will measure my front end bits so you have an idea of where you should start from.

Here is a vid of the problem I am having with the rear end spinning around. Tires, diff and loose conditions I believe to be the issue-

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to The guy that has the direct drive setup on ebay he has ever upgrade you can think of to upgrade the F1, going to get the suspension from him getting good deal.

I think the engine quick fix system is gonna be my first investment. Have you tried pulling that motor yet? It's real time consuming. After that I'm ripping that crappy diff out! Going with the scm2 powerlock. I'm not the best driver yet but the car just begs to spin at speed.... I hear ya on the suspension. I have quiet a bit of tweaking to do myself and have no idea where to start. Probably gonna have to shell out the better part of $200 just for the setup tools. If you'd like I will measure my front end bits so you have an idea of where you should start from.

Here is a vid of the problem I am having with the rear end spinning around. Tires, diff and loose conditions I believe to be the issue-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS7I2fBza8s

is that the stock engine and pipe?

Got more parts coming from DDM :D started working on suspension. also have the aluminum rod ends coming in ordered 36 of them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks