FG Leopard Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any other companies that make alloy parts for the Leopard?

Last edited:
As far as I know there's Elcon, Krikke (if you want the Elcon anodized) and KPD. Out of all the makes I like the Elcon/Krikke stuff the best.

All this alloy looks awsome... If I ever had the cash to equip my FG with full alloy I would cry everytime I drove it. All this cleaning and polishing! =D

Last edited:
Man, I got my Leopard today. It is a sick looking buggy. I'll be throwing in the DX3 monday. I cant wait to take it out. I'm going to be ordering some alloy parts to, only the neccessary parts ;).

Later

Good to hear! Clean isn't so bad. Mine is over 3 years old and when I bought it it looked like this:
63k8s3n.jpg
54jfpqf.jpg

When I cleaned it it looked like this:
4utkivk.jpg

After a few months of running and some mods :clown: Here was the next stage. This pic was a week after I have 4LBS of mud on it!!! I needed to clean it for our 2006 Toronto Hobby show!
4z9dutx.jpg

And now the last stage but I'm sure not the final one!!

661hdut.jpg

Nice Selwa.
I have the last shot of your Leo as my screan saver. It looks sharp.
Are those tires from an MCD? How do you like them?

Yes they are MCD's on HARM rims. Very tight and hard to get on! They work great on pavement and limestone. I had it out on a basball diamond and it road very well. Plus the diameter is a bit larger so you get a touch of "extra" speed out of them.

Well I've been doing so much work/landscaping around the house that tomorrow will be my rest/play day with the Leopard. Hopefully Chop Suey will come down as well. Hope to get some good runs!!

I got to take out my Leo the other day. Sucker flies with the 30.5. My only concern, besides the crappy battery that came with it is the steering servo. The turning radius is very wide, I thought it would turn faster and tighter. Maybe its just the battery isnt up to par with it, it is a little nitro car battery.
I have a new battery on the way.
What would be a good servo for my Leo? 805BB, or is there a better one out there?

I use the 805 with no problems. IN 3 years the only thing that broke is the large horn/spline gear from a good hit. For the cost and power nothign beats it.

Yeah, I had great luck with 805 in my MT to. I think thats going to be my next purchase.
Selwa, I have a question about the rear.
What diff are you running?
When I had my car up on a stand, I was spinning one of the wheels but, only one wheel was spinning. In my MT if I spun one wheel, the other would spin in the opposite direction. Also when I was running it the other day, I noticed only one wheel spinning. It made a whining sound.
I think I might be getting the new helical gear diff.
What could be the problem, if there is.

Thanks

well, I got my new battery today, charged it up and took out my Leo, this time for a good thrashing. crazy power with the 30.5, sucker left burnout marks every where I went. It was definately the battery which lacked power the last time, way too small for a gasser.
I'm seriously dissapointed with the turning radious. This certainly doesn't turn on a dime, in either dirt, grass or tarmac. I don't see it being such a track buggy with the way it was handling today.
Is there some kind of mod that can be done to get a tighter turning radious out of my Leo?

My rear diff is the regular Alloy one but the cover is from the adjustable kit. A friend had one and it looks cool with it on. I just use 150,000 diff lock oil inside the diff, works good for me.

As for the steering radius. I have the 805 and have it set as far as I can. If I go any further I take the chance of the wheels having "steering lock". Are you using the 805 with the long horn? I tried a multiplex once and it didn't give me enough turning radius even after I set the EPA further.

I am going to be operating on it tonight to see what I have for a steering servo.
What do you mean you have the 805 set as far as you can?
Does this have to do with the radio setting? Or the programming of it?
Please, when it comes to electronics, I'm not the brightest. Go easy :)

I have a DX3 and have the steering set so it moves as far as it can before hitting the arms. It's programmed this way. I have Krikke/Elcon arms and the FG full alloy servo saver. I've also added longer bolts so the steering doesn't pass the arms.

Maybe something is binding somewhere? Try it without the radio gear on and see how far it moves, them you should be able to do the same when the radio is on.

Well, I didnt get a chance to check it out. I did take it out today for a nice little bash session. First time in an open field. It was great, the 30.5 is a beast.

Do you have a picture of your servo saver and where the longer bolts are?
I turned it without the radio gear, it turns the same amount as with the radio.
I think it needs some adjusting. I'm going to have to work on it tonight or tomorrow. I'll get it worked out sooner or later :), hopefully.

take a look at my pics in this thread and you will see the bolts with a yellow fuel line over them on the uprights. This is where they are and the fuel line keeps them from scratching the aluminum arms. If you look at Simons pics of his Leo you will see aluminum stops you can also use.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks