FG Marder suspension help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeper

On my FG Marder, I put 2000wt in the front shocks and 3000wt in the rear. The front ones are fine but the rear seem to be slow to return to driveshafts are parallel even when using two thick (10mm) collet clips. I'm using the stock silver springs. Previously with 2000wt shock oil in the rear it would return back to where the drive shafts were parallel with the ground. Should I add a third thick collet clip or get stronger springs for the rear?

If springs, does anyone know what the FG springs ratings are for each color? Is Violet the hardest? Kinda confused because FG has Blue in front and Voilet in rear for monster models but the other way around on the buggy models.

Attachments

• fg-springs.PNG
    fg-springs.PNG
    215.1 KB · Views: 8
Hope this might helps Don.. my Baja came with GPM shocks and they were stiff as hell...make sure all of the pivot points also move freely, the suspension arms should drop by themselves without the shocks, I had to polish all the pins and used a 6mm hex head bolt(screw) to clean out all the plastic pivot points, just push the bolt back and forth through the bores and the threads on the bolt works to clean out any dirt etc..it does not make them any bigger, just cleaning.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks