Fg marder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is your car stock or all alloy hyper
its got stock arms etc, but alloy drivetrain,the bits needed to run more power without breaking parts. engine mounts,gear plate,gear carrier , diff , gears but everything else holds up fine. a few broken cups and a twisted mangled diff upto now.
the fg,s are quite short in comparison to the hormann and km baja, the hormann isnt really that much heavier which is full alloy.

DWARTHY, im using the fg marder jetpro unsilensed, slagged off by most people for having no bottom end, but its a good pipe and has a great top end .
ive seen many pipes on these fg's, victorys,jetpro's,sambas , clone pipes, but the one pipe ive seen that really impressed me and gives so much more power is the fg dominator topender. max power from take off to top rpm's and still has crazy power at the bottom end( i thought the jetpro was killer. but no way as powerful) the first time i seen one i thought it was on a highly tuned engine,but it was on a stock 27cc cy.!! the next week we went top speed testing, it pulled tall single gears for 68mph ,but the way it accelerated was like it had stock gearing, it pulled so well considering the gear ratio. they seem to be the most common pipe for fg's in the 1/5 petrol drag racing scene in the u.s.
my marder with stock engine had a second lag before it would come on the pipe when geared for 70mph. but haven't tried it with the tuned engine yet,got to install my new layshaft and diff gear first.
my next pipe choice is the dom to go on the obr.

Last edited:
Must have boost bottles on it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
stock engine, stock pipe . its all from the k & n filter. i made sure i didnt oil it so there was less air resistance lol.( but no boost bottles)

i will put taller gears on it, it has enough power to pull taller gears without bogging down,. it gets on my nerves when im trying to race the other guys and i have to let off becuase the front end keeps lifting.

Last edited:
id say a crack pipe the way its poping up the front wheels

UPDATE ; I made a wheely bar for the fg so i can finally run WOT...it keeps the frontend from going too high so i can give it some stick without letting off the throttle.
now im starting to hear what sort of rpm's this thing is reaching.im impressed with this engine,the spool up,acceleration and rpm's are quite impressive. it seems to push that little bit harder everytime i use it.
Im finally happy with its performance but want to try it onroad .

Last edited by a moderator:
i need to sort something like that for mine but i hate the look of a gaybar out the back theres no way im fitting a wheeliebar to mine i point blank refuse id rather detune it than fit one i might get a load of fishing weights and melt them down and add a 2lb lump of lead to the bumper lol

yes,thats why i put one together instead of paying daft amounts of cah for one but i cant get the best out the engine without it!! i made it quite long and low to the ground so it don't let it pull the front wheels too high meaning i keep good speed. don't detune that engine, sacraligious.
put a stock engine and can on it,that will sort the problem lol.
ren, do you know what top speed you get with stock gearing?

this fast lol

no im not giving in and detuning i need it setting up it was dailed in well with the 23 but this has changed the balance so need to start over

Last edited by a moderator:
having seen it go mate it will be awesome once you have fine tuned the set up. 2 speed maybe the answer or maybe a 4wd kit!!

its had the front anti rollbar refitted now so i hope that will help and its got brakes again so being able to stop help as well i think with the engine ecu and red race cranked up is not the way to go it was just undrivable the day you come down if it wasnt for the rear wing it would have fliped onto its roof on pullaway

or try taller gears like you said, theres been loads of 2 speeds on ebay,ive been thinking about then too.it would be nice to have the acceleration of low gears and top speed of some tall ones.
the problems ive read that theres alot of the chinese ones going around which are supposidly pants,i wouldnt be able to tell the difference . 4wd would be great for traction and getting use of that 7hp in the beetle but i like 2wd and think you do too lol.
having more power has destroyed the little handling my fg had, the hormanns handling also suffered and that was its main attribute.

this fast lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBllRYDc8fc

no im not giving in and detuning i need it setting up it was dailed in well with the 23 but this has changed the balance so need to start over
I love this video, i bet with the extra rpm's its easily more than the 38 to 40mph( stock engine) but gets there instantly, the response is urgent!!The victory makes power from down low all the way through , its a great pipe ,a great overall package as said before.
this is stock gearing on my video too.
im going to take my speedgun next time with this gearing,then i can compare thr results to when i had the stock engine and same gears on.

Last edited:
yeah mate im 2wd till i die its the only way although dwarfy's car was wicked and so different to a normal marder it was planted firm to the deck im going to get lead inserts for my front tyres lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks