Fg marder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this video, i bet with the extra rpm's its easily more than the 38 to 40mph( stock engine) but gets there instantly, the response is urgent!! a great package as said before.
this is stock gearing on my video too.
im going to take my speedgun next time with this gearing,then i can compare thr results to when i had the stock engine and same gears on.

wouldnt like to guess on the speed mate i havnt had it flatout yet its run out of room before its stoped pulling ive only just done 2 tanks with it so need more time to get it dailed in and setup a little bit of weight in the front end would help i think

makes me die when it wouldnt wheelie its all i wanted now it does wheelie i don't want it to

i know what youre saying, it really does kill the fun after the whole novelty runs out.
i think the oddi has more to come,wait until youve done 5 tanks.. how long does Ian run them in for?

i know what youre saying, it really does kill the fun after the whole novelty runs out.
i think the oddi has more to come,wait until youve done 5 tanks.. how long does Ian run them in for?

i think its about a hour he said to me to take things easy and run 25/1 for a couple of tanks then its ok to hammer it,i dread to think what its going to be like after its fully run in ive only run it for around a hour or so and i have noticed its getting a lot quicker every run

i think its about a hour he said to me to take things easy and run 25/1 for a couple of tanks then its ok to hammer it,i dread to think what its going to be like after its fully run in ive only run it for around a hour or so and i have noticed its getting a lot quicker every run

Did he recommend you stay at 25:1 or maybe go up abit, some poeople run at 40:1 without problems but ive always stuck to 25 myself, id try 32:1 but would it be worth it?
im going to try some speed runs at weekend if the weathers nice as i haven't done any with this setup .Going to swap stock gears with some super tall ratios , 26/38 - 17/45 hoping it still meshes .
I haven't seen what this engine and pipe can pull yet i still don't think that these gears are tall enough to get some serious speeds with fg touring wheels .
as long as it does a decent bit more than the stock motor i will be happy. will post vids once don

dirt

Fooling around on some dirt today.
fg baja wheels on the rear,elcon astro's on the front.
just uncontrollable on this surface but a lot of fun. the fg has its place..

Last edited by a moderator:
mine likes to pop the front up but yours is evil mate looks more fun with the wheely bar fitted and your running narrow rear tyre compared to my hpi rears with the best off road rear tyre there is the hostile mx but even mines not that able to wheely like that mate

youve gotta come down to mine mate for a bash off lol you can have the sofa for the night if you wanted,,i want to have a go at your marder with the oddie bug,,vids are ok but i need to know once and for all obr or oddie,poop i might even give in and fit a bar myself even though i hate them i would like to have it flat out on the rears like yours was mental

Last edited:
lol, get a set , you wont be disapointed.
sounds good mate, we got the summer here.theres a few big bashes going on , was going to the newark tm bash but it has been cancelled so theres one in rugby a few guys are going to.
I might just have to take you up on your offer since weve mentioned it a few times , get wagon on it too and my mate has a xtm street truck he's just converted the rear to fg alloy with jetpro clone and 27cc cy.
Regarding the Obr and your oddified, i i think they look quite similar in performance but you have the bigger displacement and probably more torque too .
I haven't a clue what power this makes with this pipe but it revs very well, the good thing with yours was it was run in and tested on a dyno to show what gains were achieved over a stock motor ,6.6hp is very impressive, i wouldnt be surprised if its improved on that a little since youve done a couple of tanks ,as you know they get stronger through the first 4 or 5 tanks . it would be interesting if ian put it back on and tried again now youve changed the ignition and added the ecu too .( i know its mostly to give options on how the motor performs etc but surely would have added a little more power on the right map.) bu...t i know the best test is too rag it and see how it goes..

one guy is trying an oddi ecu today on his obr motor,he tried the red race ignition before and said it wasnt that good on his OBR ,but well see how the ecu goes. id love to know what rpms im getting so would like one if there was a little performance gain.
a cool gadget. yes get a wheelie bar, the only way your going to run wot constant.

Last edited:
i keep thinking about fitting the red race in the on road car but i know i will regret it even if it will make the on road more fun,the bugs hardcore a marine be all you can be and not to be messed with

hyper found you a nice outfit for when your out bashing bruv i think thats 2-1 now
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Borat-Man...2?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item1e6f35cb82

Still 2 nil mate,I didn't look at the link ,you didn't get me lol,I read the link,it tells you what it is,that's why I'm surprised I got u the 2nd Time lol. It said boost bottles in the link title.

Nottm fc 1 essex gentlemens club 0 lol. I heard this. Is what they wear down there so the lads can show off there vigazzles lmao.

Back on topic mate, leave the redrace on the bug, its so responsive and fast to come on rpms. Just make or buy a wheelie bar,they look crap but do the job.:w00t::cup-1:

gutted he shoots and hits the post never mind

im going to make a bar i think but not the normal looking bar i need something strong and that will only let the front lift a inch or 2 but it cant ruin the look of the bug which is the reason i don't like them mate

When I made the videos on the field with wheelie bar it had bent slightly so let the fg wheelie but the 20min bashing prior it was lower around 2 inch off the ground so as soon as the front popped,it went back down. I said before that wheeling did my nut in, but its not too bad with this w b as I can keep on wot.
We gotta pink slip these fs lol

you think im racing you for pink slips mate you got another thing coming mate id be gutted if i lost the bug and the 3 years of begging borrowing and stealing it took to build not a chance,even though i now id win lol

you think im racing you for pink slips mate you got another thing coming mate id be gutted if i lost the bug and the 3 years of begging borrowing and stealing it took to build not a chance,even though i now id win lol
yeh but if you won, the prize would be my plastic 23cc km baja which pumps out about 2.5hp with tuned pipe , comes with a broken diff too, if i win i want youre alloy bug with all the trimmings please..

also i want a head start too, plus put yours on map 1. (ill turn your dual rate on your throttle down when your not looking and mess with your carb settings.....lol. also if you win the first race, well make it best out of 3. If you win all 3, then im not playing anymore cause youre cheating:D
if i win, you gotta wear your borat mankini to the next bash you go to!!!lol

Last edited:
mate i could beat your km on grass with my on road bm running slicks lol

and im tryin to cut down on the mankini as its leaving tan lines in the wrong places and its a bit tight in the twig and giggle berries department

lol, you gotta get the next size up like i did,but i wear mine under my normal clothes,it makes me feel.....nice lol.
at least if someones looking up mankini on google they will get this thread lol.....is the bug together ready for you to rip it up???
i was going to just put a piece metal plate on the fg as a part to keep it from wheelying,i seen someone make one for a baja with a 50cc engine and it worked at treat.it just curled up at the end so it coasts of the ground,would be cool on tarmac when getting dark,plenty of sparks...you ouit at the weekend with ya fg???if so,try get some video because if you only done a few tanks it will get stronger.the last time i went out it seemed a little better again,but i think its at its peak now,i don't think it could have anything else.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks