FG Marder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Malimba,
I´m back from vacation so I did not seen your post earlier.
You have an old car in your hands, this is the second version from FG, the first was with the red Robin engine and 2 years later Franz used then the Zenoah G2D / ZG96 engine. The problen is that nothing from the latest version will fit on the G2D.
In my eyes it will be the best way is to use a new Zenoah g260 it will fit also by the older chassis, you will olny have to drill 2 new holes for the small engine mount.
Sorry for the bad news.
Wolle

Hello Malimba,
I´m back from vacation so I did not seen your post earlier.
You have an old car in your hands, this is the second version from FG, the first was with the red Robin engine and 2 years later Franz used then the Zenoah G2D / ZG96 engine. The problen is that nothing from the latest version will fit on the G2D.
In my eyes it will be the best way is to use a new Zenoah g260 it will fit also by the older chassis, you will olny have to drill 2 new holes for the small engine mount.
Sorry for the bad news.
Wolle
That's the same engine as I originally had in my Porsche

You can't use a Killswitch which immediately put me off.

G260 is the way forward!
I'm not sure if it'll be the same on the marder chassis, but I bought a small fg adapter which screw to the fan cover and then had two holes to line up with the existing chassis points. I don't know if this is only for the touring cars though ?

well, there is no bad news as i see it. If I get the engine to start and running like it should i will probably hang on to it or even try to sell it to "work my way up the line" for a better gas truck.
On the other hand if the poopy G2D engine don't start, the car was pretty cheap at first point so I might just go ahead and buy a G260 engine and work my way with that engine. My first pri is to have a car i can have fun with, maybe get my kids to find their interest in this hobby which makes it easier for me to spend some cash on here and there.

Used my old receiver/sender from the nitro truck i have here and it worked like a charm, turning and the throttle all worked as planned.
One thing I noticed was that its missing alot of bolts around, 2 with the pullstarter, 1 big bolt where the protection cover over the gears are.

"Work in progress" :)

That's the same engine as I originally had in my Porsche

You can't use a Killswitch which immediately put me off.

G260 is the way forward!
I'm not sure if it'll be the same on the marder chassis, but I bought a small fg adapter which screw to the fan cover and then had two holes to line up with the existing chassis points. I don't know if this is only for the touring cars though ?

View attachment 53091

doza28, I went through the same frustration with that engine and the killswitch on my FG Porsche GT2. I went the same route, ended up getting a Zenoah G260 and the small adapter for mounting it. All is well now. :)

doza28, I went through the same frustration with that engine and the killswitch on my FG Porsche GT2. I went the same route, ended up getting a Zenoah G260 and the small adapter for mounting it. All is well now. :)
I'm still on a 23cc lol. It's quick enough with that!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks