FG MB 4WD conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 2 now. I'm very impressed with the belt design. so much so that I am considering selling some stuff off to get a leo

one word of warning though, the on road beetle with fenders doesn't fit the 4wd as the wheelbase is actually lengthened because of the front arms. I've decided to just build another 2wd beetle and figure something else for a body on mine

you get a rear dif in the kit, but the original rear dif becomes the new front dif. I just used heavy black grease in mine

So I can't run the beetle body if I convert to 4wd. I hate the Marder body and I'm not really feeling the baja body either so what are my other options? I gotta work it all out before I buy it.

my MB fits fine, and the fibreglass copy of the beetle with wheel arches on it too.. is there a difference between the onroad bug shell mounts and the MB's/marder beetle's or somethin??

Even the tc wheels will rub under full lock on the fenders
DSCI0001-13.gif

this video is a bit dark but should show what I mean anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

I have 2WD FG Buggy and I'm looking for 4WD conversion kit part list. If I had those part's numbers, I can do it myself.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

I have 2WD FG Buggy and I'm looking for 4WD conversion kit part list. If I had those part's numbers, I can do it myself.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, errr not sure if there's an actual list of parts and their reference numbers, however on the website on the complete conversion kit there is a picture detailing every part you'd receive. Haven't been on HobbyTek's website for some time, they may list part numbers now I'm not so sure?!

Hello all! Finally started the MB last wk, been a number of years! I checked the plug, sprayed some fine oil through the plug hole and slowly turned the engine over by hand. Some fresh fuel, fitted a new primer bulb cos the original had started to split and give it a 3 pulls on choke and it fired. Choke off and first pull it was alive and the JetPro exhaust was papping away! I was well happy!! Aim to give it a decent run when I'm home from working away.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks