fg monster and wheelies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice

i would have the h needle on 1.5 to start, ive never used that enigne but ive used a few gp290 motors 36mm bore 28mm stuffed crank, and fatory carb settings for them where 1.5 high and 1. 1/4 low

to me i think the hi needle is a bit lean and that could be causing the bog, usualy with the jetpro pipe you have to ritchen up the carb on the hi settings

i found this on the ddm website for the gp290 motor (28.5cc) GP290 engines: 1 and 1/4 L, 1 and 3/8 H. and with a jetpro pipe i would go a little ritcher.

when they are to lean they will bog down and hesite (loose power) and the engine will not last long

i found this on the ddm website for the gp290 motor (28.5cc) GP290 engines: 1 and 1/4 L, 1 and 3/8 H. and with a jetpro pipe i would go a little ritcher.

when they are to lean they will bog down and hesite (loose power) and the engine will not last long

cheers benckie that great m8 ill try that a bit later,what confused me was having the power band after 1 second ive never seen this b4. im haven't got very much experience with these cars yet its all 1 big learning kurv at the moment. + what the best stuff to use for cleaning my carb with because some 1 said it could be dirt in it the engine and carb has only had 7 tanks of fuel through it and i use a filter cover as well cheers ian

Could also try putting a bigger spring in the clutch to allow it to spool up at low end. This will give you more power off the start.
When you hit WOT at the start does it spin the wheels.

hi m8 yes the wheels do spin on grass but not so much on concrete but it still got no chance of wheeling ive just put a better spring on the clutch i took if from my zenoah 260 engine. i don't under stand why i still have a power band in the bottom end its driving me mad

Richen the high and low end needles. If it doesn't wheelie, it's because it's too lean. Pull your spark plug, I'll bet it's Gray or white. (Indications of lean, very bad!!)

I have a GP290 and a jet pro version 1 silenced. I can carry the front wheels for about 50 feet on pavement. Your motor is ported so it should be even faster than mine. It sounds to me, all your problems are carb related. Richen both needles until it's rich as hell, then hold the back wheels off the ground and lean the HS needle until the rpm's scream, then back off the needle 1/16 turn and the high end should be close. Then lean the LS needle until it's snappy off the line. Make sure when you adjust the needles you are only turning the needles 1/16 turn at a time. These motors are NOT like a nitro, adjust the needles in small increments.

In this video, I never got above 1/2 throttle the whole time of running. My carb is rich, you can tell because it's a little poppy and raspy.
th_NewCamera081.jpg

Good luck.

hi m8,what engine have u got because i have just bought a second hand monster truck and the engine was poop so i bought the new cy 5hp angine and a jet pro v2 from ebay the guy was called bluefishy.com and i still cant get mine to wheelie.my gears i am running is 16t +46t ive tried tuning it but still no luck maybe im doing something wrong i don't no.your truck is tremendous by the way ive also got an fg baja that wheelies like that it wicked fun cheers ian

Sorry, I just re-read your thread.:blush: I noticed that your truck may be running a higher speed gear set up which can reduce wheelies but allow you to keep the front down and get more speed. I take it your 16/46 is on your rear end (spur/diff) This will allow from more speed and less torque, hence reduce wheelies.

MT gears are as follows:
Pinion (off motor) = 16t
Spur (large gear) = 48t
Layshaft (small gear behind motor) = 14t
Diff ring gear (Gear on differential) = 48t

The stadium runs the following because of smaller tires:
Pinion = 18t
Spur = 46t
Layshaft = 16t
Diff ring gear = 46t

belive it or not m8 but it was quite wet and really black.ill put a new 1 in a later and see what happens then

If its black and wet you should be ok. Keep it in the black range and change the gearing and you will have a whole new truck.;)

If your plug is "Wet" ...I'm wondering what oil/petrol mix you are running. 25:1, 32:1? What name brand of oil are you mixing? I know some of you guys on that side of the pond, are using caster oil an other stuff. Are you using 2stroke/cycle oil or something else?

If your plug is "Wet" ...I'm wondering what oil/petrol mix you are running. 25:1, 32:1? What name brand of oil are you mixing? I know some of you guys on that side of the pond, are using caster oil an other stuff. Are you using 2stroke/cycle oil or something else?

hi m8 i use castrol 747 at 32/1 its good stuff ive never had any problems b4.i haven't been out for 3/4 days due to work comitments and the f;;king rain + my high screw it open 1 full turn cheers ian

I got the same problem with my MT..exact same setup, O'neil 29 with Jetpro..16/48 gears..just blows the tyres away and wont wheelie
Tried every thing including tuning and gear changes to 18/46.. In fact the improved tuning just lights em up more..Tried taking out one pair of back shocks.still no wheelie..Any ideas guys???

Flip your rear tires backward. Other then that too much torque will only get you wheel spin on an older set of tires. You can try to clean off the tires as best as possible to make them tacky. Its all about traction.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks