FG Monster Truck 4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got her torn down and reassembled this weekend. Also got the Dominatior pipe, Killer Bee, and Outerwears put on. I was surprised how well this truck was put together from the factory for an RTR deal. Everything was tight and there was thread lock on all screws going into metal. I took the plug out of the engine, ran some 3in1 oil through it after I got it warmed up with my heat gun. Made a premix, filled the tank and she fired right up on the 2nd pull. I had to turn the idle speed up just a touch, but that was it. I’m pretty impressed so far. I have a weird thing going on with the Killer Bee I need to figure out, but that’s the only issue at this point. It sounds great with the DDM pipe on it!

So DDM has this truck back in stock, and I'm still on the fence. I talked to Steve a little and he told me that there aren't really any weaknesses with the truck in stock form. He also said that "if" it comes with a manual, which apparently sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, that they are basically useless. Realistically that doesn't bother me too much as I'm not new to r/c and am mechanically inclined. I think my biggest concern is that are these good vehicles and when it does break, what is parts availability like? And will parts be available for a while? I know FG has gone through some ownership changes and other weirdness over the years. I don't want to sink money into something that isn't well supported to begin with, and at some point in the near future won't be supported at all (Ala Thunder Tiger EK4 Monster truck). I know it's only a grand, but that's a grand I could put towards a different vehicle or hot rod parts lol. The only other 5th scale I'm really interested in right now is the Vekta, and I'm also leery of pulling the trigger on that one.

Any thoughts guys?
This truck is pretty sweet, a little research goes a long way with this one. Well worth the time spent to have time out with it😎👍💯

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks