FG MT Build...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good man, so i guess you be bashing tomotor then

Maybe, depends coz I'll be using copper gasket for the pipe and silicon then wait for it to dry. Then I have to go to work:no:

Best bet will be Friday and all weekends :2guns:

sounds good i normaly let my exhaust, using the same set up you do and alloy parts with thred locker site for atles 24 hours befor use as it says tiem and frustration

The mail man made my day today:cool2:

07052009022.jpg

Nice and shinny aye.....LOL
07052009023.jpg

I had to dremel the mounting hole a little........no probs.
07052009029.jpg

07052009030.jpg

I know some of you guys are having issue melting the cross bar of the roll cage and I don't feel like cutting it so I just added a small cut of alloy tube.

07052009032.jpg

I was gonna go for a quick run this arvo but my flywheel is stuffed and wrecked 2 of my pull starters:censored: So now I have to buy a new flywheel and a new pull starter:censored:

There goes my weekend:crying:

looking good man she will rip.

instead of buying a new pull start try and just replace the plastic starter pawl i have a pull start ive used for 100 odd tanks and i have run 7 plastic start pawls thru is and a few meters on rope and its still going fine.

and alloy pawls only screw your fly wheel and wear out quick i leant that one quick

looking good man she will rip.

instead of buying a new pull start try and just replace the plastic starter pawl i have a pull start ive used for 100 odd tanks and i have run 7 plastic start pawls thru is and a few meters on rope and its still going fine.

and alloy pawls only screw your fly wheel and wear out quick i leant that one quick

One PS is really old like 40L but the other is fairly new but yep need new pawl. Problem is the lugs on the flywheel are too short for the pawl to reach so I need a new one. Will never use metal pawl again:no:

Other thing that pi$$es me off is I can ran my MT this weekend:cursing::cursing::cursing:

matal pawls are good for the short term not the long term.

ive found plastic pawls to be cheaper then replacing fly wheels and the plastic pawl will always give in befor the fly wheel, witch is a good thing because its the cheaper of the two.

you can file the fly wheel smooth and square again to fix the damage the alloy pawls do to the fly wheel, but only works a few times, but like you just have noticed eventualy they fly wheels get to short to so the start pawls cant reach.

one problem is that not many aussie sellers sell the plastic pawls i know colin cfr does and the last 3 i brought was from Byran rcinovations in new zeland and it worked out cheap and shippign was quick for over seas.

ive actualy need to buy some more plastic pawls as ive run out i put my last one on my good old cy pull start.

i still have the new complete pull start from my g270rc and g260rc but i like the cy pull start better for bashing but ill keep them for spares and problerly will steel the pawls and rope of them to keep my cy pull stater going, thats been on more engines then i have fingers

Last edited:
Thanks for the lovely story Benckie, I feel much better now:clown:

No wonder why I can't the plastic pawl coz you bought all of them:clown:

Can't file the FW anymore or it will get shorter. A mate is giving me one tomorrow so hopefully I'll be running this weekend:cool2:

I'd rather read a stupid story. Yesterday I was so pi$$ed off I was pulling my hair out.

But a mate(Tiny) came to the rescue and gave me a nearly new flywheel. Just waiting for the loctite to dry up and will try to crank her again this arvo.

its good you got the fly wheelsorted, and sorry about the long post, its was more for the benifit of others then your self.

but i did drop and drop the hint where to buy the start pawls to save you money, if you couldnt find them

and i droped the hint i have spare zen pull starters and i prefer the cy pull starter, i was hinting if you need pull start parts i have them for ya if you cant buy them else where.

just trying to help a fellow basher and point out to others (not you as you know) why we don't use alloy or metal starter pawls.

its good you got the fly wheelsorted, and sorry about the long post, its was more for the benifit of others then your self.

but i did drop and drop the hint where to buy the start pawls to save you money, if you couldnt find them

and i droped the hint i have spare zen pull starters and i prefer the cy pull starter, i was hinting if you need pull start parts i have them for ya if you cant buy them else where.

just trying to help a fellow basher and point out to others (not you as you know) why we don't use alloy or metal starter pawls.

I know exactly where you coming from mate and yep hopefully others will stay away from those metal pawls.

Btw, thanks for the offer mate, much appreciated. At least now I know where I can get one:cool2:

She's all done now, just have to make a wheelie bar. I had a bit of a ran this arvo but I need to find a big open space. I also need to tune the brakes but ran out of daylight. Sorry no pics or vids yet....soon:clown:

08052009037.jpg

08052009039.jpg

I was looking at buying a wheelie bar but due $$$ and some are a way over my pocket can afford I've decided to make make own as I mentioned earlier.

So went in my shed and look what I found!!!
13052009073.jpg

First cut the alloy plate, bend and drill a few holes.
13052009074.jpg

should look like these but need to remove the powder coating.....hmmmmmm
13052009076.jpg

I have a can(less than half) of gasket remover.....perfect!!!
13052009079.jpg

Spray liberally and wait for 15mins to 30mins and you should be able to lift the power coating like cheese.....LOL
13052009078.jpg

Now, I need to make the wheel holder from the allum angle. I just cut and bend them to shape. I drilled 3 holes so I can adjust the height.
13052009080.jpg

after some elbow grease, time to fit it to my MT.
13052009082.jpg

13052009084.jpg

13052009086.jpg

13052009087.jpg

Last edited:
hey monster did you dps alloy lower rear arms hit the fg small alloy engint mount ?

one problem ive got but can be fixed with a grinder, (not to keen to grind new parts with a grinder)

im using a 16 tooth layshaft gear on mine and the dps rear lower suspention arms are in the way of the fg small alloy engine mount big time there no way it will fit looks like ill have to grind some off (ouch)

this is what im talking about

100_0304-1.gif

100_0600-1.gif

i don't think the 14 tooth would even come close, did you have this problem monster ?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks