Fg Porsche

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice job!
I have a race in LA next month and I am taking my FG SWB Porcshe race car. I will take some pics and post them here later on.
I wished we had more 1/5 scale On-Road drivers here in Maryland so that we could race local.

elmerdj that Porsche looks pretty good and very familiar LOL ;) I am glad that you like it. Fellas would you believe that I actually painted that body on the outside of the shell with House of kolors Tru Blue Pearl rattle cans, some wet sanding and a few coats of clear and repaired some cracks and it came out pretty good so all of you guys with trashed bodies they can be saved. When I purchased the car I did not think the body was salvageable, it was originally painted on the inside with silver black and orange :yuk: so i started looking for another body WOW are they expensive so I figured i would give it a shot. elmerdj I am almost finished with the MCD Rally so we will have to run them together and get some pics.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments and thank you Rex(nightmare702) for the sweeeeet deal :w00t:

The only concern I've noticed about the car is that its not that easy to control/handle.. (unlike the HPI baja/Fg monster, Or is it just me?!?? :D)
Im having a hard time to get it to run straight specially when nailing the throttle. Most of the time the car drifts or spins during take off..
Im not sure weather its my driving style or do I need to adjust the differentials or even change the tires? I am running a 23cc stock engine w/6000rpm clutch spring. Hope the experts can share some pieces of advice :rockon:

Elmer

nice job!
I have a race in LA next month and I am taking my FG SWB Porcshe race car. I will take some pics and post them here later on.
I wished we had more 1/5 scale On-Road drivers here in Maryland so that we could race local.

Hi Luis, where in LA do you guys race? Im in LA/Glendale every 2 months. Pls don't forget to take pictures and good luck!

elmerdj gotta get it set up camber and toe also check those shocks. Here is my new ride MCD Rally with M3 body, but I sure do miss that Porsche.

Attachments

• rally.jpg
    rally.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 58
  • rally1.jpg
    rally1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 59
  • rally3.jpg
    rally3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
That is one nice looking Porsche you have there...This is one of my favorite body styles of all time...a true classic!

Here's a couple of pics of my Porsche GT2 with a couple of upgrades...............more to add to it soon..............:cool:

dscf3180b.jpg

dscf3170i.jpg

dscf3192x.jpg

dscf3187v.jpg

dscf3195r.jpg

Last edited:
you guys are killing me. I want a shorty someday. not sure what model I will have to sell to be able to add one though... I have a line on one right now. he blew the rear dif and it's been sitting since. has miss matched shocks and no body... still. I think I want it. I love these little guys.

Ooooooooooooh Porsches..... Lovely.

Luis - What "stuff" are you running on your car, is it Evo 8 parts on a Evo 3 SWB chassis? I'm using the Evo 3 chassis with sportsline competition alloy. The Evo stuff would have ben a lot more hassle to fit I thought so didn't go for it. I used an Evo 08 radio tray as this was the shortest one I could find to give me the most room in between the tray and the fuel tank. I also had to change fuel tanks from the standard sportsline 04 which my car was when I bought it.

I'm just having issues with the suspension at the moment. It's been months in the making and I still haven't tested it properly.

Where did you get those rims??? Beautiful..

Here's a couple of pics of my Porsche GT2 with a couple of upgrades...............more to add to it soon..............:cool:

dscf3180b.jpg

dscf3170i.jpg

dscf3192x.jpg

dscf3187v.jpg

dscf3195r.jpg

i used to own this car :-( and how i miss it. I am pleased it is still getting TLC and lots of shiny bits. I have seriously started to looking to get another one now, but LWB. I tried getting back into nitros but just cant be doing with the hassle of tuning them. This was a peach every time i used it. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks