FG Semi cat truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol i ve seen that on a few boats too. i thought it was conneced to the needles to allow ease of adjustment, no screwdriver neccessary

I did mine in exact CAT livery colors. I prefer the scale look to the custom look.

5thscaleCATprofile.jpg

5thscaleCATside.gif

5thscaleCATandWickette.gif

I'll have to take better pics this Summer. I've had the rig for about two years now and I also run an MT5. Love both, and he's right about drawing a crowd. Kids and adults go nuts. then you take the lid off and show them the brakes, mechanics and such and they just stare.

Raw body next to the FG MT5:

5thscaleonroadbodyclear.gif

Love the Tank in the background, tell me more!! Show me more!!!

It's a 1/6 M5 Stuart. Runs on a 12V motorcycle battery, full function with sound, but does not fire anything but toy plastic projectiles.

I also have a 1/9 M1 Abrams, little bit wider than the Stuart, much longer but of course with a lower profile. Same 12V system, full function.

21st Century Toys makes them for Walmart every Xmas season. Not sure what they'l build this year. They start out over $300 each but if you wait for the after Xmas sales you can grab them for $100 or less.

For being "toys", they are SUPER detailed and durable. I mess with mine all the time.

I'll have to take pics of all the toys and the workshop and post them up. I'm a certified R/C nut. You name it, likely I have it.

I just put an alloy front end on my truck I got off ebay. I'll get some pics done sometime today. also got a few other goodies to put on. I should have it running very soon. The guy machined all the parts himself aside from the one piece I made to complete it. For what I paid, it was a heck of a deal...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=300092604170&rd=1&rd=1

can't beat the price. got the dif from him too.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=300092551163&rd=1&rd=1

and he hooked me up with motor side plate, mainshaft with spur carrier and main gear and a couple dogbones as well. awesome guy. just need rear arms, spur and pinion and a servo assembly. I have some of the other parts waiting. the front setup he used a rear upper and the side is very adjustable. there are a couple ways to bolt them on and adjust attack angles and such, but I might go to stock uppers and use those on the back. I had an old set of marder shocks that the ano had worn off so I gave them a quick polish and tossed them on. I am taking the truck to drift meets for fun mostly, no racing here.... I have a set of tires and rims that are so hard they are almost like the abs they use lol. fronts have grip but those backs should let me slide good....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=300092604170&rd=1&rd=1

can't beat the price. got the dif from him too.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=300092551163&rd=1&rd=1

and he hooked me up with motor side plate, mainshaft with spur carrier and main gear and a couple dogbones as well. awesome guy. just need rear arms, spur and pinion and a servo assembly. I have some of the other parts waiting. the front setup he used a rear upper and the side is very adjustable. there are a couple ways to bolt them on and adjust attack angles and such, but I might go to stock uppers and use those on the back. I had an old set of marder shocks that the ano had worn off so I gave them a quick polish and tossed them on. I am taking the truck to drift meets for fun mostly, no racing here.... I have a set of tires and rims that are so hard they are almost like the abs they use lol. fronts have grip but those backs should let me slide good....
cool, now that you bought more parts, im wondering if you might have forgotten about me.... been quite a while now, no ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks