Finally got one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well damn all this talk about lead is bad for your health and I have to agree with it 100% because I like to be safe. So I will run this gallon of 110 lead through the break in while wearing a gas mask 🤣 and afterwards I will just buy the 101 unleaded .

Last edited:
Today I am going to bore out the vertigo rear tranny cover brake cam hole. Damn thing is undersized and the brake cam is very hard to move back and forth.

Finished up with the brake cam and it is perfectly smooth now.

Took the time to take the diff apart and change out the fluid to 1mill.

Also forgot to mention I had a machine shop make me set of diff brackets when the stock ones cracked on me. At that time stock ones were out of stock and I believe they still are.

Made out of 304 stainless . 10x better quality than the stock.

PXL_20210517_014644283.jpg
PXL_20210517_020514186.jpg

That is a must if you don't want the dings, great idea!..wish I did this 2 vids ago when I ran it in the parking lot, the stone dust uglied my arms and diff in 1 run. Roosters of carnage. Waiting on Steve for the rear diff and trailing arms to come in for if I ever decide to sell it or shelf it.

As you can see I already had a chip on it and I barely ran this truck and that was on the grass.

So Steve is going to have whole rear end coming in? Because I can't find them anywhere.

As you can see I already had a chip on it and I barely ran this truck and that was on the grass.

So Steve is going to have whole rear end coming in? Because I can't find them anywhere.
I emailed him about a week ago. Going to be very limited supply of them and the trailing arms.
As you can see I've been continuously pushing them on the CVD unit 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-100927_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-100927_Gmail.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I don't really see the point in having a spare $700 axle to look pretty. If you guys are that worried about it, make some crud deflectors. I could see it if it were a rare gem, but these are everywhere and mass produced lol

It's not so much the housing, but then again it is. I have a whole kit sitting here crying to be setup or it's dead weight. But the rear housing is so thick I can make that shine like new with some work. I'm just that finicky. Bought the BeastRC rear trailing arms to match my front arms, the aluminum is sooo chunky
I think it was James Brown on YouTube who made a aluminum diff housing cover I like the the 3m clear stone guard idea, saves your bling and still shows it off. I understand the vektas are more common than ever now. But still it's nice idea to help protect the investment.

Last edited:
It's not so much the housing, but then again it is. I have a whole kit sitting here crying to be setup or it's dead weight. But the rear housing is so thick I can make that shine like new with some work. I'm just that finicky. Bought the BeastRC rear trailing arms to match my front arms, the aluminum is sooo chunky
I think it was James Brown on YouTube who made a aluminum diff housing cover I like the the 3m clear stone guard idea, saves your bling and still shows it off. I understand the vektas are more common than ever now. But still it's nice idea to help protect the investment.
Looks great brother!

So one tank in it and right after the run this was the temp on the black portion of the head.

Didn't adjust any high or low. I only adjusted the idle to fully high because it wouldn't idle due to the low side being super rich.

Is the temp to high?

PXL_20210528_022336158.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks