Finally got one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car is running pig rich and when I try to lean the low side starts choking but still lots of smoke coming out.

I haven't removed the intake just the filter but it is clean inside of it.

Oil is coming out of the pipe as before it wasn't so it is running crazy rich for some reason.

PXL_20210620_221708952.jpg
PXL_20210620_222251528.jpg
My reed was was lose and carb.
Tightend them and I was sorted👍🏻 what carb is on your motor
990 modded carb. I checked the screws and they are very tight.

I did yes. I have to take the carb apart and see what's going on even I have never done it before.

I see that oil around your exhaust header..@John Parks..we need tech support😁
Did you swap your plug maybe it's fouled? Start simple
Before you put a new plug in it, turn it on its side pull over get the unburnt oil out.

Last edited:
Mike told me to adjust the H needle slowly until she cleans up.

If it works I am going to kick myself in the face for going through all this BS.

Not sure how the H change as I didn't even touch it. ????

Last edited:
So that didn't work.

However I found out my end point on the remote was set to max at 140 and should of been 85 and basically it was over pulling the throttle linkage. So I am guessing something got damaged in the carb causing this issue?? I hope nothing broke off from inside of the carb and got sucked into the motor.

Selling the vekta...

For sale guys. $1500 obo. Runs great!!!!! 😄

Here is the video of the carb..

I was gonna say.. I hope you wouldnt throw that much money away, I'll fix it for you. It's something overlooked. Not 100% sure on the carb setup, from what I understand the wj71 won't clear and comes with the velocity stack like mine. I think that new rcmax intake that is out is clearanced for the cages with you RT990. Have you pulled the plug? What's it look like? Post a pic

I did pull the plug it looked fine little wet but fine. I changed it out with new one also.

Might have to buy a regular 990 from ddm and see if it works. The rooster tail is very expensive.

The plug isn't the issue, and I doubt it's an air leak. Those carbs are made for heavy fuel delivery. You should be able to lean it out quite a bit, or the pop pressure is screwed up. Just for shits and giggles. I'd toss one of your other carbs on first and see what it does. Id personally skip the wj. It's just simply not needed for this application imo. Im kinda surprised Mike didn't say to lean out the low screw a bit as well. Any ways, the exterior of your carb looks like a carb lol. Can't see anything with the covers mate!
I did pull the plug it looked fine little wet but fine. I changed it out with new one also.

Might have to buy a regular 990 from ddm and see if it works. The rooster tail is very expensive.
Don't you have an 1107 or anything laying around, or bolted on another engine?

The plug isn't the issue, and I doubt it's an air leak. Those carbs are made for heavy fuel delivery. You should be able to lean it out quite a bit, or the pop pressure is screwed up. Just for shits and giggles. I'd toss one of your other carbs on first and see what it does. Id personally skip the wj. It's just simply not needed for this application imo. Im kinda surprised Mike didn't say to lean out the low screw a bit as well. Any ways, the exterior of your carb looks like a carb lol. Can't see anything with the covers mate!

Don't you have an 1107 or anything laying around, or bolted on another engine?

I already leaned the low end to a point that engine was starving and still didn't work.

I do not have a other carb so I have to buy a 990 from ddm or even a 1107 to see if it works. If it does than get a new rooster tail.

What is pop pressure?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks