Finally got one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah installing it on the outside would of got destroyed on the first roll. I am going to run the 3s battery in the rear basket but I need some kind of battery box to go with it.
Once @Haric finishes up the new boxes he designed there will be plenty of space for any additional lights,wiring, batteries etc., I am patiently waiting too! ????

Aluminum steering system. Most likely I will take it off tommorow because as of now the servo savor is useless even with adjusting the spring tension to the lowest setting. This setup will kill my $250 servo on the first jump.

PXL_20210131_033418263.jpg

Aluminum steering system. Most likely I will take it off tommorow because as of now the servo savor is useless even with adjusting the spring tension to the lowest setting. This setup will kill my $250 servo on the first jump.

View attachment 69111
Please let me know if you wanna sell it cause I have a buddy looking for that setup.

Almost done. For the turnbuckle jam nuts, do you guys apply locktite?
View attachment 68719
I used lock washers on most of the assembly. Locktite is needed for the transmission bearings and some small set screws.
Life is easy with no stripped fasteners.
The drive shaft has an update, I strongly suggest you get one it will save your transmission bearings, it's a CVC design.
Check out DDM.
Works for me.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Well someone came by and bought the dbxle 2.0 for what I was asking. Dude had money. He said I want your vekta right now and I told him I have $3000 into it including the car itself. He said I will venmo you the money right now.

I thought about it But unfortunately I couldn't do it.

I guess is time for alx or rcmax with the dbxle being sold???

I went ahead and Romved the light bar. Honestly is just a hassle. It is big and requires 3s lipo and also the output is pretty damn weak.

I bought a cheaper one $15 from Amazon that I will install behind the front bumper and run it from my reciver.

Yeah I'm at about the same. Guy I sold some stuff too has a mate with a nice kv5tt for sale all done up in rx max and alloy he wants $1800.00 for it. Besides i don't have the money for it, i just didnt see all the alloy as necessary. They are heavy enough without all the bling. Imo

Yeah I'm at about the same. Guy I sold some stuff too has a mate with a nice kv5tt for sale all done up in rx max and alloy he wants $1800.00 for it. Besides i don't have the money for it, i just didnt see all the alloy as necessary. They are heavy enough without all the bling. Imo
I don't understand how some of these guys price there stuff and expect to attract a buyer.
At $1800 I can get the ready to run version from DdM.
Like when I priced my f1 it has upgraded servos and a samba and hydros so I priced it at $1200.
Because I know a brand new one is $1400 even though it has a lesser pipe and no servos. I know the average person would rather go new than take a chance on mine if they don't know me personally plus to get a clear body and paint it the way they want

Ran a tank in the park and I must say this thing has tons of torque. The gearing is something different. Drives just like a rear wheel drive car and I love it. Unfortunately the turning radius blows. Ahh well I can live with it no problem.

I am going to trim the side roll cage to have better clearance for the intake.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks