Finally got one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah hopefully. I don't know if the spektrum batteries are limiting my voltage or something else. Wish I had a way to log it. I might step up to a castle esc.

My setup is good for 120. I am running 27T pinion with 34T limitless spool. Is my esc that is holding me back and also need to buy a good battery like smc.

Alright installed my max5 (biggest esc hobbywing offers 1/5 scale). As you can see it would of not fit at all so I had to relocate the whole steering and the servo on the other side.
Tommorow I'll do another run. I am also going to make another smaller capack.

PXL_20210404_040304090.jpg

So I just gotta know, why are you so worried about having a huge capacitor? Normally a appropriate sized cap bank should work just fine if you have it dialed in for the application. I'm not great with caps so asking for educational purposes.

So I just gotta know, why are you so worried about having a huge capacitor? Normally a appropriate sized cap bank should work just fine if you have it dialed in for the application. I'm not great with caps so asking for educational purposes.

No room for bigger caps now. My reciever box needs to go in top.

Did anyone also added spacers on the bottom of the motor to bring it up to match the motor mount bolts? Mine is off about couple of mm.

Little confusion here . The rcax has 3 legs under the motor and they are same length unlike the zenoah front leg that is much shorter. On the chassis only 2 screw holes to secure the bottom of the engine. That is why it wasn't lining up correctly because I thought the front leg of the rcmax motor needed to be screwed down also to the stock chassis.

So everything is good to go except the clutch is sticking out little. I spoke to John and he also mentioned that the bell housing on the stock kraken is not that great and the vertigo is little deeper.

So he is giving me a nice discount for a complete vertigo tranny and upgrading to 63mm clutch.

Haric,

I know you have the rcmax chassis. Does it have 3 holes on the bottom to mount the motor or 2 like the stock?

I am thinking of drilling a hole in chassis where the front leg of the rcmax engine is located and adding another screw for more reinforcement.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks