Finally ordered one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the ram last night. Plan to put my taylor rc 80 in it. Will be a slow process as i take diifs apart to change out diff fluid and loctite/ throughbolt problem areas. Ill post pics as i go.
Sounds awesome! Go through it with a fine tooth comb before you run that 80 in it. Between @John Parks @Relic-1 and I, we seem to have found the bulk of the potential problem areas. Though none of us are running the 80. John and Relic are on the 50gt while I have the stock engine with Bartolone velocity stack with the "upgraded" carb. Look forward to watching this beast come together and hear how the 80 plays out for you!🏁🏁🏁🏁

Jeeeze 🤣 , I can't I'm amagine that much more power , the 50 is a blast , but that 80 , it's gotta send parts flyn , specially those hex pins , I'm finding that there is a flexing going on with the drive lines and the pins are actually slipping out. , I'm trying a buck of weak locktight , just to keep them from slipping out , haven't tried driving it yet but the stuff is dry now and our o.r.v. park is muddy , so I'll be heading out there soon

Jeeeze 🤣 , I can't I'm amagine that much more power , the 50 is a blast , but that 80 , it's gotta send parts flyn , specially those hex pins , I'm finding that there is a flexing going on with the drive lines and the pins are actually slipping out. , I'm trying a buck of weak locktight , just to keep them from slipping out , haven't tried driving it yet but the stuff is dry now and our o.r.v. park is muddy , so I'll be heading out there soon
Pics of the Raminator in the muddy park or it never happened...lol! 😂😂
On a real note...what pins are slipping out? The ones on the driveshaft to the axle?

Yes the on the drive shaft , happened twice , funny thing is I found all the parts both times , I've been working my ass off to pay for this boat war inside my head , just can't get the time to get out lately , but we had a bunch of rain and the o.r.v. park is in perfect condition for the maxinator , oh ya ! And yes ,,,,,,film at eleven😂

Ohhhh...the u-joint pins you are talking about! Next time they fall out, see if you can get the pin dimensions. Then reach out to either Mike at Taylor Rc or JS Performance and see if they have intrest in making a pin set with a circlip of some type. I'd for sure buy a set. My rear came apart once...knock on wood has yet too again, I never got dimensions.
I'm not running near the aggressive power you guys are though.

Its the pin itself we are talking about. The drive shaft is fine. The pin for the u-joint is just pressed in thus comes out and the u-joint fails. I was successful with coating it with red loctite, pressing in and let fully cure. Others with more power keep having it fail. We need a tad longer pin...with a groove and clip and each end. Here are pics of mine as it failed.
20201029_152658.jpg
20201029_150524.jpg

Its the pin itself we are talking about. The drive shaft is fine. The pin for the u-joint is just pressed in thus comes out and the u-joint fails. I was successful with coating it with red loctite, pressing in and let fully cure. Others with more power keep having it fail. We need a tad longer pin...with a groove and clip and each end.
The groove around the shaft with a ring to hold that pin in is what I'm referring to

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks