FireHammer Differential Repair/Replacement #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the FG Alloy Diff Housing today from LargeScaleRC!!!!! He sent it out on Friday and it arrived today!

Followed your instructions, everything went together quickly except for that damn diff tube. That thing was a bear to push on there.

I also applied the silicone to the front and back of the diff after lubing the diff tube in grease. After it dries overnight, I should be able to get everything back together tomorrow night.

I also noticed that one of my dogbones wasn't fitting very well in one of the diff outdrives. I pulled out the outdrive, messed around with it and couldn't figure out why it was binding. I ended up switching with the other side. No binds on either side after I did that. I'm beginning to wonder if that bind is what caused my plastic diff to break off at the outdrive.

Oh well, it is almost back together.

I know for a fact my next big scale is going to be the HPI Baja. I am about at the end of my rope with this thing. I've had it since April and have run it 4 times. :(

Would a shimming the gears you say to put in first with a larger or one more shim per side give you more of a locker effect without locking it up totaly?

I tried about everything to keep the binding from occurring. I switched to the ball drive and haven't had any more problems aside from the boots tearing which I believe is from the rear arm rubbing against them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks