Firehammer MT - A few upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used it, it worked great!

I also got the whole thing together tonight. Realized after I was completely done I had one of the rear hubs on backwards.....:blush:

Looks pretty cool. I haven't seen it together in a over a month now so it's like having a whole new vehicle. I just need to start it up now.

Instead of the 17 tooth pinion, I put on the 19 tooth. I also put on the DDM top end pipe rather than the torque pipe. Thought I would mix it up a bit.

I have a gallon of gas that's a few months old, should I dump it and start fresh?

Up to you on the fuel..But I would start out with fresh fuel my self....
Goos to hear it's back together....should be great to run now....Slawhammer

Hey CSP..post up some pictures....we all love pictures....show us your up dates...
sounds good ..let it rip...get on it......eat some grass up....spin those wheels....
Good too hear it's all back together and ready to go.....Slawhammer...

Started it up (thanks BtB, the only one online at the moment!) :clap:

After it started up, i drove it out in the yard and the spur spun off. Apparently trying to squeeze a 5mm e clip where a 7mm e clip should be won't work. I'll try again after dinner.

Oh yeah, I straight wired the killswitch to the starter. Had to pull the spark plug connector off to kill the engine because the wire wasn't connected well enough to the killswitch. :(

Cool..at least you got it fired up....As for the e-clip..you can get a circle clip for the
10mm shaft at a auto parts store.....that clip will fit in the groove better...
You will get the kills witch wiring sorted out...you still have the engine kill switch right?
the 1 with the red button...you can solder thr kill switch wires to those spades connectors
and then also add a pull apart connection...for when you have to take the engine out ot
to do some other work.....Glad to hear you got it running...Slawhammer

Cool..at least you got it fired up....As for the e-clip..you can get a circle clip for the
10mm shaft at a auto parts store.....that clip will fit in the groove better...
You will get the kills witch wiring sorted out...you still have the engine kill switch right?
the 1 with the red button...you can solder thr kill switch wires to those spades connectors
and then also add a pull apart connection...for when you have to take the engine out ot
to do some other work.....Glad to hear you got it running...Slawhammer

No red button for me. I'm going strictly by transmitter. :)

I realized I didn't have the wire pushed in far enough into the kill switch. I tried to pull it out this time, it wouldn't budge.

Started it up (thanks BtB, the only one online at the moment!) :clap:

After it started up, i drove it out in the yard and the spur spun off. Apparently trying to squeeze a 5mm e clip where a 7mm e clip should be won't work. I'll try again after dinner.

Oh yeah, I straight wired the killswitch to the starter. Had to pull the spark plug connector off to kill the engine because the wire wasn't connected well enough to the killswitch. :(

Did you get lit up? I love grabbing the plug wire! But it's more fun to watch other do it though..

Csp.. The up grades look good...well needed for the bearings....
Time to gey it out for a good run......Slawhammer

Hey CSP..lookin kick ass buddy....That should rip good...waiting now to hear how
you will like that set up....Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks