First ever big bore TAYLOR 50 Vesla.5 build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screws coming out with the plastic. Not a single captured nut anywhere on this thing.

The body is far from easy to get off, considering none of the nuts are held in place.
D228A10C-C4DC-4B7D-AB1E-4AE767108F4B.jpeg79AB29F9-1B41-4AB6-BFEF-6C8BB0000840.jpeg231A8270-5D04-4C53-90E4-FB48E9017F40.jpeg
Is a shame they are charging so much for this thing. Kraken is becoming the new rovan.
This is my first kraken and…… I can’t for the life of me find anything here that is better than an HPI Baja. It’s like there was no thought out into anything.
It’s all set up for stabilizer bars, front and rear, but there aren’t any.
Best thing about the radio box is, it is super easy to open and there is tons of room in there. But it’s set up for a tamiya plug. Don’t know about you guys, but that isn’t anything I use.A9F01616-8568-444E-918A-AF307DD4E14B.jpeg
Not that it really matters to me, but the transfer ports are cast into the cylinder and are not removable. This engine is going in the garbage.

Attachments

• FD05C849-6E1D-4F3E-9F24-7D576040AC18.jpeg
    FD05C849-6E1D-4F3E-9F24-7D576040AC18.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Dude that rear shock tower looks like a drive shaft safety loop? And I said it earlier @Seandonato73 that's a clone engine, what an absolute dog shite shame, if I was to get a kraken again I'd get a vekta. That thing belongs in the trash, it looks very rushed.

Rushed? I think made in China. Kraken can’t possibly have designed somthing so poorly! Like captured nuts oh my seriously. No thought.

I tried to warn you guys about being the Guinea pig🤷‍♂️ My sixth sense is that you will be dealing with some handling and reliability issues too. The kv5tt promo videos didn’t show it traction rolling at 3mph so who know what they are hiding with this one. But just like anything else you and the aftermarket manufacturers will most likely find a way to make it a decent rig

Personally I think it will handle better then the baja, as it has a better steering system and wider stance, and it probably has better shocks then whatever pathetic garbage comes on the baja
However, I bet there will be quality issues and durability issues judging by those pictures. Really unfortunate imo

Being it's basically a kraken tsk-b class 1 baja cage, just make it all quick release using the vekta pins. Very easy to do, and well worth it. I can have my cage off in 10 seconds.

As far as the pics go, anything with a bigbore Is fun lol. But it definitely seems overpriced and rushed from your thoughts and pics. One big reason I decided to stay clear and let others be the guinea pig. I'm sure it will get better though in your hands

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks