First production look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, just wanting to get an idea... I undestand that more testing is needed and will show the strong and weak areas...

1. Yes and No... I have a used Marder have ran it a few times before it became mine. Waiting on radio to get here so I can run it more...
2. No shops at all, I will have to have things mailed via USPS, or drop shipped to a location in Ft Lauderdale and air cargo to me... USPS = slow, Air Cargo = faster but $$$ more...
3. Just plan on bashing until I can get a few folks involved down here, and then might need to have a few spare parts on hand... ;)
4. As far as i know I am the only one here with a LS anything... I think there are a few 1/10 electrics here...

When I make the order I would go ahead and get a few hop up parts to upgrade and help bullet proof the truck...

Skater

The only differences betwen the buggy and the truck are:

1) different wheels and tires
2) different gearing
3) the truck has front and rear bumpers.

The chrome will not last if you are bashing. On all of these type of chrome wheels, the chrome jsut peels off. I would prefer black on black for durability.

OK, we are back from some bashing. Here are some preliminary results. Its way too hot to be out there, so we were standing in the shade under some trees, while 2 guys were filming.

The buggy had the 23cc stock engine and the X-can. This was the first use, and she ran pretty good. Shot some street video and then went out to the hills. I had it tuned up fairly well, shot some video, then decided to re-tune. Must have done something wrong, since it got flooded and wouldn't start. No problems on the actual buggy though.

The Monster Truck had a 29cc head kit and an X-can installed. I ran it for about a tank on grass last night to break it in. The tune was pretty good, the high speed needle needs some work. We bashed the MT for about a tank of gas, up and down the hills and on the straights. Power is very good, and 4 wheel burnouts are fun as hell. It looked like it was soaking up the bumps pretty good, but I think it need some help with the rear shock oil weights, seemed a little bouncy. No problems with shock shafts or dogbones, or a-arms yet. The noise from the metal gears is still there, but not as noticeable as on the first protos. Metal on metal may always make noise, but I will try and order a complete set of metal drive gears and see if I can get them coated with some Teflon to quiet them down.

I'll be running them some more over the next few nights to get more time on, but so far the buggy with the 23cc/xcan is a good choice, and the MT with the 29cc is a good choice.

Videos tonight.

where is the rampage from??? Asain country??? looks like the UK has a different name for the rampage....typhoon and its

available right now:) but more $$.... $1300 RTR plus ship with a 28cc

c20b_1.jpg

BIG_20TRUCK_2001.jpg

Last edited:
I know..... The US has the price set to help move them in todays market.....:)

This just help the europiean buyers see there are alot better deals like on www.Rampagehopups.com

Does the body come painted or clear?? Whats the shipout date for the preorders?:drool:

Last edited:
Woh dude I am really getting an itch back to get another! That is great footage. I love to see the handling on the jumps and bumps. With the lower center of gravity and to look a wider stance it's looking better then the FGMT on handling the rough terrain at top speed.
What motor was in it?

It has a 23cc with a 28.5 head kit, and an x-can. That was only the second tank, and I don't hink I had the high speed needle figured out yet. Wait a week or 2, and it should get even better.

Well, Damage Report __ I broke 4 of the c-clips that hold the piston on the shock, just like Phatdad. This should be changed to the HPI heavy duty or the TeamFastEddy 3mm c-clip. I had a bag of those around, so I replaced them. They now feel tighter on the shaft, so all should be good.

I also changed the springs to RAMTech rear 20% red springs I had laying around.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks