FLM extended arm kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did your kit come with the new 5 mm pins or the 4 mm
In the drive shafts

Sorry to say the 4mm.
Bought it from DDM at Black Friday and finally had some spare time last week,
when I noted it was supplied from FLM with just one front CVD and three rear ones....:huh:
Awaiting a 2nd front one from DDM.

Cheers, B

Yes but you can put the front in the rear

yes - if u get their separate CVD kit where they include the (larger) CVD axle for the larger ball end.
no if u get the extended arm kit where they don't include new axles... just shafts

I'm stuck with my extra rear shaft which is too small for the front axle.
All cred to DDM customer service who promised to send a front replacement shaft asap.

Cheers, B

Wouldn't the dgi axle extensions have the same affect as these extended arms? Axle Extensions give the same track width, therefor the same handling characteristics No need for messing around with extended shafts, tie rods etc. $60 for extended axles vs $225 for this kit that needs special shafts when they wear out?! I just don't see the value in this. Huge bling factor but just unnecessary. I can go to almost any hobby shop for replacement driveshafts, control arms and tie rod links.

Wouldn't the dgi axle extensions have the same affect as these extended arms? Axle Extensions give the same track width, therefor the same handling characteristics No need for messing around with extended shafts, tie rods etc. $60 for extended axles vs $225 for this kit that needs special shafts when they wear out?! I just don't see the value in this. Huge bling factor but just unnecessary. I can go to almost any hobby shop for replacement driveshafts, control arms and tie rod links.

You are right to a point the the axel extenders do the same thing but they put a load on the servo and this car doesn't have the best servo in the first place
But the FLM kit does not put the load on the servo because the arms are longer not like the axle extenders do
The axle extended cuts down the leverage that the steering arm has like a bar used to lift a heavy load with a block to put under it
But the extenders cut down the length of your bar

Last edited:
With the extended arms you also move the hub outwards (allowing) changing the suspension travel/geometry with two additional lower mounting point for the shocks (3 x 2 pos.).
The benefit with axle extenders is the possibility to use HPI/Baja rear wheels without any
clearance problems.
Me running a G320 wanted the alu arms and FLM CVD:s, good price on the bundle then IMHO.

But maybe I'm just a sucker for bling...

Cheers, B

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks