Flysky keeps losing bind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torred

Got my flysky gt5 yesterday & installed. Every time I shut it off, it loses bind. I'm able to re bind easily but it just won't keep it after power cycle. I've already tried Google & can't find much help with this radio. You guys have any ideas?

call up the place you bought it and see what they can do for you. If it's new, theres warranty. If it's any kind of decent company they will make it right.
If they don't. Try a different reciever. I have a gt3-c it acted up on one of my receivers got a new one rebind and it hasn't given me crap since.

I don't have any others; & everyone I know either runs whatever came with their rig, or has old crystals. Bought it off Amazon, shipper had some Chinese name, so not sure what kind of after service will exist. Worth a shot though. Worst case, I'll buy another receiver. Probably should have a backup regardless.

Any other ideas though?

I had mine for over 5 years ,never had an issue ,you must have that bad apple one!
I had mine for over 5 years ,never had an issue ,you must have that bad apple one!

I am not complaining ,it was cheap at under 40 bucks ,with 2 rec.'s ,The trigger is weak an I broke mine ,but
I fixed it ,It keeps a bind even after sitting for a year!

Last edited:
Little bit of an update now that I've messed with it more yesterday. It doesn't matter if I turn the rig on 1st or radio, order doesn't effect how well it does. For some reason, I can bind it without the plug in at all. I've tried the instructions found here that have extra steps https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38087252&postcount=19
Come to find out, it will also drop out after a couple minutes on 1st try, then gradually go out quicker. Everything on radio display looks normal. I'm really thinking I got a junk receiver. I'll order another bs6 or ia6b/c

I've owned both the GT3B and GT3C, both had bad range issues. In some areas I would get less than 10 feet range which would barely be suited for a crawler much less anything else. Typically 30-50ft was average in most areas which still isn't enough for any decent RC car. I've tried this on 10 different receivers since at one time I binded several cars on the same radio.

I have a strong feeling it has to do with it's low voltage power system. They were running on 3.7V lithium packs. Most transmitters run between 4-6 AA's which equates to 4.8V - 9V. I haven't touched my Flysky radios in a while, I wouldn't trust them for anything other than maybe an indoor drift car. I'm a big fan of Spectrum DSMR radios now, no glitches whatsoever and I've never run out of range. You can get SR3100 DSM2 receivers on ebay/aliexpress for dirt cheap. Not a fan of Futaba's overpriced receivers.

I just got a used GT3B in an Ofna 1/8 buggy that I purchased locally. I'm going to bind it to my Spektrum, but just for curiosity sake I decided to run it in 2 different lots. I had exactly the same range cut out problems I had with my other 2 Flysky transmitters. It's obviously an issue with their protocols and not that I had a defective transmitter. I'm not saying they aren't good. A lot of people obviously have good luck with them. I'm just saying for whatever reason, they don't seem to work in my area. Maybe there's interference from something in my area that prevents them from working. Regardless, for this reason I won't be using Flysky at all. They just don't work for me. My Spektrum and my friends Futaba work 100% without glitches in these same areas. This is not an opinion, it's just fact.

A friend of mine with an HPI baja actually crashed his into a wall while running a GT3B with a range cutout issue as well. Always do range checks to make sure everything works in your area. On a heavier electric powered rig, just having a neutral failsafe isn't really good enough. The car will still continue to roll at high speeds until it hits something. Again, not bashing flysky, just sharing my REAL experiences. I used to fly airplanes on a Flysky 6 channel transmitter without issues, so I've have mix experiences with their stuff.

I have a lot of friends running the Flysky GT5 now and they haven't reported a single issue. From what I understand, they aren't backwards compatible with the GT3 receivers, so it looks like the protocols have changed.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks