Forgot to mention this little project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So mid summer I picked this up. https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...ico-17-inch-catamaran-brushed:-rtr-p-prb08019

Poor thing is slow as sin after watching my buddy run it while I was running the Twin36. So I decided upgrades were in order.

I've picked up a 2000kv watercooled brushless motor and a 35amp water cooled esc for it. Also I'm cutting the straight drive shaft out and swapping in a flex drive so that I can adjust the prop angle and also run a metal prop instead of the carp plastic prop. Going to start with a 2s and maybe swap in a small 3s if I can fit it later on.

Shooting for about 30mph . Poor thing does around 5 to 10mph right now.

@1Coopgt where are the videos or pictures!?! :D
At around 6:23 you can see the Miss Gieco buzzing around in the back ground. So like I said collecting parts right now. I have the Motor ,ESC ,battery and the flex drive rudder assembly. Working on getting a modifed coupler to connect the motor to the flex shaft. Besides cutting out the old stuffing tube I'll need to pull out the electronics tray.

Ordered Marine grade epoxy, tubing cutter and a tubing bender along with a soldering iron so that I can resolder the end of the flex shaft after cutting it to the correct length.

The last piece of the puzzle with be getting a balanced prop for the boat and of coarse putting it all together.

Attachments

• IMG_20190830_142925.jpg
    IMG_20190830_142925.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20190830_143042.jpg
    IMG_20190830_143042.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20190830_143210.jpg
    IMG_20190830_143210.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 5
If its a proboat model you should be able to find tons of props for it. There was a company called grim racer that made brass props came pre balanced. They had props for about everything. Cant remember the sight I got them from. It's been so long.

If its a proboat model you should be able to find tons of props for it. There was a company called grim racer that made brass props came pre balanced. They had props for about everything. Cant remember the sight I got them from. It's been so long.
Yup It's a Proboat. When I get closer to needing the prop I'll email Dashbota and see what he has for 1/8th in drive shaft . Love the props he did for the Zelos.

Yup It's a Proboat. When I get closer to needing the prop I'll email Dashbota and see what he has for 1/8th in drive shaft . Love the props he did for the Zelos.

There use to be tons of prop brands out there on market ,but back years ago when I was in to boats ,but now probably
became more advanced marketers that actually true sharpen & ballance them ,I remember Octura & prather!

There use to be tons of prop brands out there on market ,but back years ago when I was in to boats ,but now probably
became more advanced marketers that actually true sharpen & ballance them ,I remember Octura & prather!
Their still are . Yup the Dasboata props I have are ABC 1716's . Dasboata is the guy that balances and sharpens them. The guy does beautiful work. If I every get the twin 36 balanced right these props should get me to almost 90mph. A guy I follow on you tube ran these props on his twin 36 and hit 87mph so I do know it's possible. The stock props are capable of 60mph.

So I started working on this while I sit at home here healing after surgery last friday. I found the 2000kv motor is way to big to fit in this little boat. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: So I picked up a 2848 4 Pole BL Marine Motor 3000Kv (DYNM3898) and a new motor mount . First pics show the gutted hull. Then I drilled the holes for the strut assembly and the new rudder assy. Unfortunately one of the rudder holes was slightly off so I had to fill the bottom hole while I was filling in the old rudder holes. Also got the motor mount glued in . Will put another layer of epoxy on the motor mount after this dries.
IMG_20200114_195733.jpgIMG_20200114_195744.jpgIMG_20200220_182507.jpgIMG_20200220_182444.jpg

So mounted the Servo bracket in the boat today. I need to do a little cleanup body work on the bottom of the boat and transom, and intall the receiver then she's done. This is going to be interesting. The little Franken boat. It will be interesting to see what it does on the water. Will it roll over from torque or will it instantly do a back flip. I'm very curious. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: IMG_20200607_184545.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks