friggin turnbuckles keep pulling out!! GRR!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal Male

GGRRRR...is it SO common for the turnbuckles to keep pulling out of the rear lower wishbones? for the last 2 race meets its happened, really annoying. :mad:

Is the only way to solve it to go ally?

I might resort to aralditing them in :p

cheers lads

is it the rose joint end or wishbone side i know its a pain in the arse as mine still likes the odd rose joint but the way i see it is if i had all alloy rose joints and arm ect then it would cost much more to fix after a few crashes and rolls the rose joints are the only plastic left on mine for that reason something has to give id rather it be a £1 plastic r/j than a £35 wishbone

hi mate, they are pulling out of the wishbone end, the rose joints are sound, I have the red mcd ones.

so are you saying the only plastic you have is the rose joints or the wishbones? I have metal rose joints on the rear wishbones (chassis end).

yeah its the rose joints on mine thats the only plastic/stock parts theres only 2 on the front wishbones of mine as im using kdp lower arms and the 4 steering ones they have been on for over 3 years its the rear inner ones that give me hassle the rear outer ones right at the arse of the car ive not long changed to alloy as these aint a issue

Same here...almost full alloy Baja but still run plastic rose joints and plastic shock bottoms...got to keep the weak link in there somehow...
:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

maybe turnbuckles are on there limit....and not in far enough?
on my topstox ive measured where/angle etc and used 8mm s/steel threaded bar so fully in and used 6mm bar and and rose joints from bottom wishbone to chassis for extra strength....cus topstox go thro some stick out there....lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks