Front Toe Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James H.

Im curious about the Front Toe Adjustment on my DBXL.. The book shows the measurement at 49mm for the Turnbuckles. Using this measurement gives the front tires a "Toe-in" setting, yet the manual clearly states to "NEVER RUN FRONT TOE-IN" I have had an issue getting my front steering set correctly. Its almost just right, but i have the settings in my radio set at points that just seem like way too much of an adjustment.. I have my end points set and everything and the servo was centered when first set up.
Im wondering if anyone knows anything about this. Should i be adjusting for more of a Toe-out setting? Just odd that the book shows a setting that gives it a Toe-in as standard, yet it says to never run front toe-in.
Any Ideas???

Im curious about the Front Toe Adjustment on my DBXL.. The book shows the measurement at 49mm for the Turnbuckles. Using this measurement gives the front tires a "Toe-in" setting, yet the manual clearly states to "NEVER RUN FRONT TOE-IN" I have had an issue getting my front steering set correctly. Its almost just right, but i have the settings in my radio set at points that just seem like way too much of an adjustment.. I have my end points set and everything and the servo was centered when first set up.
Im wondering if anyone knows anything about this. Should i be adjusting for more of a Toe-out setting? Just odd that the book shows a setting that gives it a Toe-in as standard, yet it says to never run front toe-in.
Any Ideas???

Manuals are very generalised.
You want about 1/8" toe out on the front and the same toe in on the rear

If you are using to much adjustment on your end points you need to go back and redo your setup.
Centre the servo and use the turn buckles to adjust your wheels to where you want em.
I have been doing rc for about 20 yrs, so I know end points. Just this car for some reason doesn’t want to center right. So I have to compensate with TRAVEL, and TRIMS. Going to redo the whole steering servo and steering setup soon as I can. You did just give me an idea tho. So thanks for that. LoL..

I have been doing rc for about 20 yrs, so I know end points. Just this car for some reason doesn’t want to center right. So I have to compensate with TRAVEL, and TRIMS. Going to redo the whole steering servo and steering setup soon as I can. You did just give me an idea tho. So thanks for that. LoL..

Glad I could be of some assistance.
I had a similar problem with my Dunerunner

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks