FS racing KING KONG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've a mate who is about to sell his FS 4x4, its not had a gallon through it yet, only reason for sale is he's got a KM Baja and 2 marders so he's not run it for a while.

Think i have some vids on youtube, have a look under: jackobyte7
It's for sale rtr, just seen it today and its getting stripped as we speak and cleaned ready to book up.

let me know if your interested.

I have only broken 1 lower a-arm my fault that tree was in the way lol
diff spiders pins break but a little work in there no problems
and just blew out my shocks that really don't work well but there on 2 years hard bashing
you can find out more info on other site some I pm'd you plus cen picked up the truck it's all good

I have only broken 1 lower a-arm my fault that tree was in the way lol
diff spiders pins break but a little work in there no problems
and just blew out my shocks that really don't work well but there on 2 years hard bashing
you can find out more info on other site some I pm'd you plus cen picked up the truck it's all good

so all in all they aren`t bad

Some haters on here my say other wise .but they all fail or break or preform like some would want it too but you get out of it what you put into it like everything else.
Any 5th scale that gets someone into the hobby will benifit everybody who has one down the road just remember the cost are way higher the bigger they are .

Rodger

Some haters on here my say other wise .but they all fail or break or preform like some would want it too but you get out of it what you put into it like everything else.
Any 5th scale that gets someone into the hobby will benifit everybody who has one down the road just remember the cost are way higher the bigger they are .

Rodger

is it better than an fg marder which is what i have now

wow how did I miss this thread and where do I start! Ok the important, no way in hell is a FS in the same league as a FG! I recently had 2 fg's but down to one now. my best mate has a FS King Kong which he is selling coz everytime he touches something the chassis bends!

He had a run away not long ago, went head on into mine, i broke a shock cap plastic, $3 to repalce, he severly bent his chassis, broke shocks and front a arms and some other bits.

Last weekend he hit a tree, head on, not going that quick but the chassis is so twised now it cant be straighted.

Again this is my opinion and my experience but stay away from FS, if you bash even half hard it wont hold up.

wow how did I miss this thread and where do I start! Ok the important, no way in hell is a FS in the same league as a FG! I recently had 2 fg's but down to one now. my best mate has a FS King Kong which he is selling coz everytime he touches something the chassis bends!

He had a run away not long ago, went head on into mine, i broke a shock cap plastic, $3 to repalce, he severly bent his chassis, broke shocks and front a arms and some other bits.

Last weekend he hit a tree, head on, not going that quick but the chassis is so twised now it cant be straighted.

Again this is my opinion and my experience but stay away from FS, if you bash even half hard it wont hold up.

luckily the guy selling it pulled out the deal.

luckily the guy selling it pulled out the deal.

i think the f,s brand only produces clones, if you,ve got a real f,g then stick with it , i myself own a sq baja clone and its been a huge learning curve in 12months of owning it i,ve replaced about 70% of the buggy with hpi parts because of things breaking. so the buggy has cost me a lot more than a real hpi in the long run.

i think the f,s brand only produces clones, if you,ve got a real f,g then stick with it , i myself own a sq baja clone and its been a huge learning curve in 12months of owning it i,ve replaced about 70% of the buggy with hpi parts because of things breaking. so the buggy has cost me a lot more than a real hpi in the long run.

yeah i am keeping my fg now, maybe look into gettin a baja or an mcd ihe future don`t know yet

I think that was a wise move, I cannot talk about FS models but FG's from what I have seen are pretty well resolved. All models especially large scale with all the weight they carry and the speed etc. will break at some point, some are better designed than others to resist this but it will happen.

I can vouch for both the HPI Baja and the MCD RR V4, two different cars that will appeal to different people for various reasons, the HPI is the better basher but the MCD is the better handler all round. Horses for courses.

+1 to the FG's i think their the toughest bashers around. The MCD V4 looks solid and is getting great reviews everywhere but mainly amongst racers, don't know how it would handle as a basher.

if u got the coin and looking for something maybe put it into the FG?

+1 to the FG's i think their the toughest bashers around. The MCD V4 looks solid and is getting great reviews everywhere but mainly amongst racers, don't know how it would handle as a basher.

if u got the coin and looking for something maybe put it into the FG?

well got an fg anyway, so you wreckon keep and make it bomb proof lol. got a beltin 26cc engine in it and is fast as fook.

plus one i would keep the fg i only built a fg due to the amount of second hand bits availble on ebay i made the car all from ebay i did get some new stuff mainly from tps but i would upgrade the marder 100% there good cars standard and even better once hopped up you could always change it into a beetle or monster truck ect theres tons of upgrades always on ebay i found the more alloy i put on mine the better it handled due to the extra wheight ive left the plastic rose joints on as it needs a weak link id rather break one of these than a alloy arm

unless you want to for a particular reason I would invest into it. get some alloy bits.

alloy engine mounts and spur are a must, gear carrier is a good addition, uprights are good too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks