FS racing KING KONG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to 1/5 trucks

Hello folks,

I recently purchased two FS King Kong Monster Trucks (Used, and one was still in the box) and all appears to be working fine however I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good place to pick up replacement parts for these trucks.
My little guy and I have a blast running these machines and enjoy quality time together but there is going to come a day when something breaks.

If anyone could assist me it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi guys

Im having trouble with my 4 wheel drive King Kong truck. Its at least two years old.

This truck has worked great for me for the year that I have owned it but now the front drive seems to be slipping or not pulling fully. 6 months ago I opened up the crank case and re filled with grease and refilled the spider gears with oil. I have ran it for a few hrs since but now the front doesn't seem to want to pull. But when I set it up off the ground and turn tiers by hand they all turn.

Every thing seems to be connected. When I roll the two front tires forward all tires move and seems to be tight. Also when I roll each individually they all roll. The way it feels now you would think that it should be working right.

Yesterday when I started checking it again;

Now it does seem to be working. Its raining out side so I will wait to run it but I had it down on the floor and held it and when I had just the front touching it was pulling hard without slipping and then with all 4 tires on the floor they all seem to be pulling against me. I think it might be some thing going wrong after it has ran for a bit. I will have to wait till weather is a little better then try it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time!

Best 2 places I have found for FS parts is Imex RC and fshopups

check the outdrive setscrews, the wheels square setscrews and the center drive setscrews... if all thise are tight then it might be a loose dif case allowing gears to slip....

Last edited:
Best 2 places I have found for FS parts is Imex RC and fshopups

check the outdrive setscrews, the wheels square setscrews and the center drive setscrews... if all thise are tight then it might be a loose dif case allowing gears to slip....

That's great, thanks for the info.

I am finding that the parts are reasonable however the shipping is unreal.

Thanks again,

Ed

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks