Fuel Filter (Erratic Idling and Response)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfrederi

Does anyone know how to porperly clean the fuel fiilter and what to use. Im getting some erratic idling and response and i ususpect its the fuel filter being dirty. What should i use to clean it? Its like a felt clunk filter. Im thinking of also getting the dual screen in-line fuel filter from DDM does anyone use this?Si what chemicals can i use to clean and can i use a compresser to try to blowout?

In a bind I want to be able to clean and reuse the filter if possible.

Thx

Does anyone know how to porperly clean the fuel fiilter and what to use. Im getting some erratic idling and response and i ususpect its the fuel filter being dirty. What should i use to clean it? Its like a felt clunk filter. Im thinking of also getting the dual screen in-line fuel filter from DDM does anyone use this?Si what chemicals can i use to clean and can i use a compresser to try to blowout?

In a bind I want to be able to clean and reuse the filter if possible.

Thx

Just pull the fuel line off at the carb ,with a little fuel in the tank ,just blow on the tube ,an pour the gas out!....(y)
That might get you by ,but the filter maybe swelled up bad an constricting the gas flow ,just replace it!

Just pull the fuel line off at the carb ,with a little fuel in the tank ,just blow on the tube ,an pour the gas out!....(y)
That might get you by ,but the filter maybe swelled up bad an constricting the gas flow ,just replace it!

I pull the filter out of the tank and blow it out with the compressor.
If I did it from the carby end it would probably blow the filter off the other end.
Wet the filter with fuel before you blow it out.

I pull the filter out of the tank and blow it out with the compressor.
If I did it from the carby end it would probably blow the filter off the other end.
Wet the filter with fuel before you blow it out.

LOL ,yea but you don't need a compressor to blow!

I'd say sounds like a heat issue....or a leak on the carb or maifold???

Hey dougstar
What exactly do u mean a heat issue?? Do you mean the engine is overheating?? If so this happens at start when i haven't been running so the engine is not overheating at that point. It would sometimes idle erratic. Checked for leaks didnt finsd any.

Thx

So I called OBR and let them hear the engine and they think it could be a bad seal bearing and told me to send the engine back. SMH. So we'll see how that goes. Meanwhile ill put my 290 back in.

BTW doiugstar i checked for leaks by spraying around the carb with WD40 while idling and there was no change. Thanks for all the input gentlemen. ill keep yall updated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks