Fuel leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparks

Hi all , Im new to this petrol model . I’ve just fuelled it up and it ran great for about 5 minutes but then it seemed to sort of struggle to go , so I took the body off to see what the problem might be . There was quite a lot of fuel coming out of the black rubber cap on the fuel tank where the fuel line & breather pipe enter. This cant be right ? Do I need a new tank or can I buy this rubber grommet anywhere ? Thanks

Attachments

• 977CA0A9-74E5-4E77-A137-6ED206034492.jpeg
    977CA0A9-74E5-4E77-A137-6ED206034492.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 12
Should just need a new grommet, but I doubt that's your running issue. Just makes a mess. Fuel lines all ok, nothing broke off in the tank? Primer bulb full of fuel?
Hi thanks for the reply , no the primer build wasn’t full , what could cause this ? I’ve found the grommet for sale online so I’ll order a new one

Check out your fuel lines make sure they didnt rot off in the tank. Could also be a carb issue, or a cracked/warped intake. How old is your rc?
I was told it’s about 5 years old . I’ve just checked and the black fuel line was pulled up and the filter was at the top of the tank ! I’ll try it again later , but I think I’ll change the grommet and the fuel lines .

Well if your bulbs not full and your leaking fuel out the grommet, it can cause the issue. You getting to much air in from the gaps the fuel is spilling out of. Replace the grommets on the tank,make sure lines and fuel filter are clean + breather hole is open and not blocked.
Then let us know how it's doing.

I was told it’s about 5 years old . I’ve just checked and the black fuel line was pulled up and the filter was at the top of the tank ! I’ll try it again later , but I think I’ll change the grommet and the fuel lines .

??‍♂️ Man there’s your problem right there. If the fuel filter was pulled to the very top of the fuel tank. It would NEVER be able to suck up fuel after a certain point ?

Go push the filter all the way to the bottom of the fuel tank... and report back ??

THAT rc is older then 5yrs LOL. I suggest anytime you find parts for it. BUY em up and make a good stash of parts. You’ll be driving that bad boy for the next 20yrs no PROBLEMO

ADVICE
Order yourself new fuel lines and a fuel tank filter, and obviously the rubber seal that’s leaking.... — and I didn’t see a breather on ur fuel tank so you might wanna add one. It’s real easy. Just do a forum search for that mod ???

second I would personally drop in a brand new carb. Not saying you need but I’m like 99% sure it will make that little engine run like a brand new one again ?

last thing, I recommend to change that cheap air filter for something better and remember to add a outwears cover to it for added protection

??‍♂️ Man there’s your problem right there. If the fuel filter was pulled to the very top of the fuel tank. It would NEVER be able to suck up fuel after a certain point ?

Go push the filter all the way to the bottom of the fuel tank... and report back ??

THAT rc is older then 5yrs LOL. I suggest anytime you find parts for it. BUY em up and make a good stash of parts. You’ll be driving that bad boy for the next 20yrs no PROBLEMO

ADVICE
Order yourself new fuel lines and a fuel tank filter, and obviously the rubber seal that’s leaking.... — and I didn’t see a breather on ur fuel tank so you might wanna add one. It’s real easy. Just do a forum search for that mod ???

second I would personally drop in a brand new carb. Not saying you need but I’m like 99% sure it will make that little engine run like a brand new one again ?

last thing, I recommend to change that cheap air filter for something better and remember to add a outwears cover to it for added protection
Ok I’ll try it , thanks for your help !

ADVICE

just out of interest , how old would you say it is ? Also a rough idea of value ?, thanks

Last edited:
Okay.
So what was the solution ?
Just posting it’s all sorted is pointless. For anyone reading your post. They are left hanging ??
Posted above that the filter in the tank was pulled l up to the top of the tank so it stopped pulling fuel when the car pulled away or went around a corner . I also changed the fuel pipes just to make sure & now it all runs fine !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks