fuel mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum57

any one tell me what is the best fuel and mix ratio for my 29cc and 30.5cc zenoah in my fg & mcd. i read alot of different ideas and i'm lost. 25:1, 40:1, 87 oct, 97 oct syn oil, non syn oil. all my rc boats run great @ 50:1 87 oct amsiol syn. whats a newbie to do ???:( :helpsmilie:

Start out at 25:1 then you can go as lean as 32:1 after a few tanks if you would like. I would not recommend 50:1 but have not heard anyone try it with Amsoil on a air cooled motor. Some will go leaner but not I. You will not find much of a difference running 25:1 to 32:1 with Amsoil, at least I didn't. I run Amsoil Saber Pro at 25:1 with 2 years on my 260, I tried leaning to 32:1 but it makes no difference with Amsoil and these air cooled engines so I went back for piece of mind.
Here is the posting on mixes: https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210

Have fun.:)

Amsoil chart: http://www.amsoil.com/products/twocycle/2cycle_chart.aspx

I run 32:1 Amsoil and Colman fuel and it runs great. I have an Oneill bros. 30.5cc reeded and ported. I have about 2.5 gallons through the thing and am really happy with it so far. I did run 91 octane gasoline to start but didn't have the same crisp throttle response. But then again, I started with a bad carburator. I run the same thing in my baja (27cc) and XTM buggy (23cc). They both run excellent!--nate

I've been told that it is about 55 oct. Unless there is alot of compression, the motor doesn't need alot of octane. I run it in all of my large scale rc's and my 4 stroke weedeater. It works great and you can bring the cars in the house without gasoline fumes. My wife likes it because after trimming the yard, I don't come in smelling like gas.--nate

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks