fuel mixture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmflytie

Could you guys comment about what oil /fuel mixture is giving you the best performance once motor is broken in?
Thanks
Marc

Hi Marc,
It depends what you mean by 'best performance'.
Don't forget these motors are fairly high revving - top-end ones are revving to and beyond 20k revs. They rely on there being enough oil in the fuel/oil mixture to permit adequate lubrication, or you'll promote premature wear.

Weed whacker motors don't rev anywhere near we're told. I'm guessing up to 12-13k. On this alone, you'll see people using 50:1 fuel:eek:il ratios.
DO NOT use this on a largescale motor, for the previously-mentioned reasons.

Theoretically, YES, you'll get more power, but LESS lubrication, and it'll run hotter, probably.
Most racers, and hour-on-hour bashers rely on a 25:1 ratio, but using a very good quality oil.
I use mine for up to an hour or so, and have used top-grade Castrol synthetic 2-stroke oil from the start, and mix at 32:1. I've not had any problems so far.

Hope this helps.
Al.

I use regular 2 cycle oil for break in so the ring will seat faster. After break in I use synthetic 2 cycle oil. 25:1 for break in. 32:1 after that. I hope this helps.

fuel

Well I've run five tanks thru it and I'm driving it like I stole it. Its been a blast . But after running this evening I brought it home and it had a little gas left in it. I wont be running it for a while so I thought I'd run the tank empty. The darn thing wont start. I mean nothing. And up to this time its been textbook. Choke, couple of pulls , it pops, choke off and within 2 pulls it starts. I'm baffled. Checked spark plug and its wet but it smells flooded. I guess I'll let it set tonight and try tomorrow( I'll leave plug out) It really sounded like it had no spark at all. I've been running it hard in sandy/dirt conditions today but, it should be able to take that.
Any ideas??? Oh BTW I'm still working off of original gallon og gas mixed with cheap oil 25:1 Was gonna switch to synthetic on next gallon and maybe go to 32:1 although it really doesn't smoke hardly any at all at 25:1 Engine has run perfect up till now
Marc

While the plug is out turn it upside down and pull the starter a couple of times to clear the cyl of any gas.Also vent the tank you may have vapor lock.Put in a new plug.Check that your coil bolts are tight.Gap for the coil should be .3mm or you can use a business card between the flywheel and coil to set the gap.Make shure the drift key on the fly wheel hasnt moved cuz if it does that will change the timing.Make shure there is no grass between the coil and flywheel. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
well, the starter spring or whatever makes it retract must have broken cause when I pull it, the cord stays out. Starting to wonder about quality of this 26cc engine. I'll change plug but not sure what you mean by drift key and timing getting out of whack.
This thing is so new, I think Ill just take it back where I bought it and let them decide what is wrong.
Marc

So I go to my local hobby shop and pick up an HPI pullstart which fits 5ive t perfect. When I removed my old one, I noticed the rear coil spring had come unclipped therefore no recoil. Tried for 30 minutes to try and hook it back in ( didn't look broken) but gave up and just put new one on. Then after drying out all night and cleaning plug/ leaving cylinder head open, she fired right up and ran like a top. Guess it just got flooded real bad, IDK.. Anyway thanks for the help. Oh BTW, had to take the motor completely out( motor screws are insanely tight....almost stripped one getting it out even with heat. Then putting it back on , snapped my cheapass hex socket off in the screwhead:mad:
But a good thing was I found the telemetry temp sensor plug was boogered up from factory so straightened that out and now I read temps on my transmitter. Sweet!
Thanks again for the reponses.
Marc

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks