Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fuel mixture

Discussion in 'HPI Baja' started by martin34, Mar 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. martin34

martin34 Active Member

Hi guys i am new hear and hopefully my baja should turn up today:) .I am sorry if this has been asked before but did a search and nothing came up.I have heard that for the first couple of tanks run it at 30:1 and after that switch to 25:1.Is that rite?And also how do i know how much oil to mix with 5 litres of petrol?Thanks for any advice and i am praying it turns up today.

2. frumpy

frumpy Well-Known Member

3. Inferno.ca

Inferno.ca Member

Pretty handy site, you can also see local motorcycle dealerships about mixture and proper storage for mixed fuel.

4. martin34

martin34 Active Member

Thanks for that link.Thats brilliant.What fuel mixture would you suggest i use?My baja has just turned up and its massive.I didnt realise it was quite so big.Looks the buisness.

5. tulz43

tulz43 Well-Known Member

During break in you should use 25:1. Then after that if you feel like it you can run a little less oil. I think some guys are even running 42:1. I run 32:1 in order to have a little safety blanket.

6. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

i ve ran 25:1 since the begging with AmsOil Sabre Professoinal 100:1 oil. but im swithcing to Klotz SuperTechnoplate after the rest of this gallon is gone only because i get the klotz at 10.00/qt where the AmsOil is 3.93/pt

i will also be going to 32:1 or 40:1 so i can run one mix in both my gassers.

i will also probably switch to Camper Fuel too