Fuel (tank) and carb questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstnd378

I'll buy a walbro tomorrow anyway, but maybe i found a reason why my fg bogs down: there is a (vacuum) leak around this black rubber spot;20230430_190622.jpgit leaks very hard: lots of air, and when i rotate the FG 90° on its side (wheels), there is much fuel leaking out of the black rubber spot. Is there a way to repair this? Because the rest of the tank is completely fine, just this spot.
Glue/O-rings?

2: how do i replace the fuel lines of this tank? I have tried removing this black rubber spot with a knife some time ago (genius idea which could be the reason for it to leak?) Anyway, i didn't succeed, so since then i'm running these old stock fuel lines. The black fuel line is fine, but the "yellow more see-through" line is breaking every time i put it out and on the carb! Obviously it's got shorter and shorter since i had to cut it, so i can't use it right now.

3: what is this carb? Screenshot_20230430_192639_Marktplaats.jpgScreenshot_20230430_192542_Marktplaats.jpgScreenshot_20230430_192524_Marktplaats.jpgit's from a engine which has only ran 5 tanks. I'm asking so i can search the factory tune on this, because however it's tuned right now, it looks very strange for me.

Engine: g230 with g260 head.
Carb right now: something Chinese.
I guess the fuel tank is stock.

Most likely it's a 668. 1 1/4 low 1 1/2 high should be factory settings. The tank grommet leak won't cause your issues. Annoying and needs fixed, but not your issue. Tygon fuel lines can be had about anywhere. Most like the ddm fuel lines..... work on a ton of 2 stroke powered equipment, so I run stihl branded fuel line I buy in bulk. Always pays to have a spare bit of fuel line around, so buy about 3 times what you'll need.
Heat seems to be one of the bigger causes of loosing fuel to the carb, also as rep mentioned check the tank vent. It's not uncommon for them to just allow air into the tank and not out. Most of us upgrade to a mx style of vent at some point. If you haven't had it apart and the carb has time on it, a cleaning and kit won't hurt as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks