Futaba 3pv switch for killswitch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteolheadz100

have the Futaba 3pv radio and wonder what switch can I use for activating the remote kill switch any help would be appreciated I do have a switch on the side that when I push it it has plus 100 and when I push it back down it says negative 100 if I connect the kill switch to that when it's on negative 100 does that mean that it's off?

Just put kill switch on with the 3pv. Put power in channel 4 and kill switch in 3. Mine was already set up for channel 3 switch on handle to work as on and off. lights up red and works great with no programming in my case. Actually activated at about 300 feet during first use, killed engine when signal lost. It is a losi switch.

WIN_20180312_16_37_11_Pro.jpg

While programming go past the spot you are at. Look in the manual on page 17. SW1 should come programed as channel 3. There is no channel 4 on the rx, so plug power into 4 and kill to 3. Should work. If not go to page 17 in manual. Look at SW1 section. The switch on the handle is SW1. You choose channel 3 or off.

15209003853431081542132.jpg no 100 at all.

Turn on. After boot hit right button 7 times. U should get to above screen. SYS, second box in top left should be blinking. Make it look like that.15209006890462057508236.jpg

When installed properly you turn the car on and off with the switch on the remote as opposed to the kill switch on the engine. The Kill further engages when signal is lost, preventing runaway and catastrophe.

When installed properly you turn the car on and off with the switch on the remote as opposed to the kill switch on the engine. The Kill further engages when signal is lost, preventing runaway and catastrophe.
Ok waitimg on my dynamite kill switch to arrive, i got the whole channel thing figured out. Is there anything additional needed to program if signal loss to cut the engine or it does it automatically? If you turn off the tx does it cut he power?

I have the dynamite kill switch and the switch itself works perfectly, however when I go to turn the radio off the switch does not activate and does not kill the car when the radio is lost any ideas??? I have baja 5b, Futaba 3pv and Dynamite Kill switch (Removed black voltage tab on switch)

I have the dynamite kill switch and the switch itself works perfectly, however when I go to turn the radio off the switch does not activate and does not kill the car when the radio is lost any ideas??? I have baja 5b, Futaba 3pv and Dynamite Kill switch (Removed black voltage tab on switch)

You need to set up the fail safe in the Fail Safe menu. If the PV is anything like the PLS the Fail Safe doesn't get set to a channel . ( I struggled with that mentally for a bit ). I did find that I had to Set my Channel 2 servo to reverse though so that if I turned off the radio or the car lost the signal it would automaticly turn the brake on . Granted the Killer Bee has also turned off the engine at this point .

I'm gonna bring this thread back to life. I have a brand new 5ive. I bought the Super Bee for it. I have it hooked up to channel 3. Works perfect. However if I shut of the transmitter, it will not kill the engine. Ready to run this thing. Can anyone help me?

1Coopgt, I'm currently in Rochester myself.

Very Cool to here there is someone else near by .I'm over in Penfield . Got any good places to run these things? I just got into this in September . Tons to learn. It took me about a week to figure out how to get my Killswitch and radio all set up .

I was going to suggest checking out the videos on the Killer RC website but they aren't there . I think you can find them on You tube though. Did you change the dip switch settings on the killer bee at all?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks