Futaba 4pm settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Ok so I need a little help with fine tuning my mcd setup. First thing I need is to adjust the steering sensitivity. So when I'm wanting to on the big straight its less twitchy, but still want max travel on tight coners🤔. Here is what I tride yesterday 👉🏻20211025_074849.jpg
More than -25 and I was not making the very tight corners 😤 what am I missing? It was still twitchy on the straight @-25
NB. Have not read through the manual yet🙄😳😄

you want pages 50 to 52 in the manual doug (y) ,
page 50 is exp settings and page 52 is the servo speed settings where ya can slow the servo speed down,

just looked again at yer pic doug, the squre at bottom should have a steering curve when set,
yours looks like its a linear line with no curve
did you push the set button to set it properly ? daft question i know but futaba radios can be a female dog sometimes :D,

plus yeh i know i use the 4pls, but looked up the 4pm manual online and got above info from there (y):D

Last edited:
you want pages 50 to 52 in the manual doug (y) ,
page 50 is exp settings and page 52 is the servo speed settings where ya can slow the servo speed down,

just looked again at yer pic doug, the squre at bottom should have a steering curve when set,
yours looks like its a linear line with no curve
did you push the set button to set it properly ? daft question i know but futaba radios can be a female dog sometimes :D,

plus yeh i know i use the 4pls, but looked up the 4pm manual online and got above info from there (y):D
Yeah just had a look at the book👍🏻 set the steering speed @ 80% and return @ 90% and the exp @ -25 . Now I'm gonna check over the abs settings 👍🏻

when all said and done doug its all gonna be trial and error till ya find a setting that suits yerself,
or if you decide abs aint for you (y),
is there a side switch you can assign/flick on the side of the tx to switch abs on and off on the go ?
might be good if ya can so ya can see back to back abs to non abs at the track

when all said and done doug its all gonna be trial and error till ya find a setting that suits yerself,
or if you decide abs aint for you (y),
is there a side switch you can assign/flick on the side of the tx to switch abs on and off on the go ?
might be good if ya can so ya can see back to back abs to non abs at the track
Not as far as I can see🤔 set the trim dial to steering exp.👍🏻

just a thought about the abs doug,
will the abs function eat the throttle/brake servo ?
with the servo pulsing on off on off while abs is active it might shorten the servos life a bit,
never tried abs myself cos mostlly all my rc stuffs done offroad,
but just sommat to think about :)

looks like it could be pretty hard on the gears at least after while with the quick pulsing doug,
lot more stable on yer first stop though (y)

edit; servo gears i mean :D
There is still some fine tuning to do with this🤔 the pulse only happens at certain % and as long at the end points are set correctly can't really see any major harm👍🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks