Future clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the other options on that site as well.

Back to the original question .....

The 5ive's taken the market by storm.
I've tried hop-up parts on my Losi's before and, basically, they're nowhere near as good - leaking (Integy of course!!), bending (GPM), and I end up getting Losi parts for my LST2.
On that basis, POSSIBLY YES, but they won't be as good, is my answer!

Once Associated get going, or even Shumacher, that's another thing ..... !!!!

Al.

That is a Redcat Dunerunner version. 95% Baja parts will not interchange.

Lame. (insert fart sound) :lol:

The 5ive's taken the market by storm.
I've tried hop-up parts on my Losi's before and, basically, they're nowhere near as good - leaking (Integy of course!!), bending (GPM), and I end up getting Losi parts for my LST2.
On that basis, POSSIBLY YES, but they won't be as good, is my answer!

The losi does seem like a pretty hard item to clone in a worth while way compared to a baja.

if its a fg chassis its a fg if you had a shengqi and put 99% fg parts and not the chassis its still a shengqi simples

Good point Barry. But if you were born a male and your name was John Smith for example then underwent a sex change and ended up as Jane Smith,your passport would still say John Smith as you would still by law,be classes as that.....hmmm , food for thought.
J

clones

by the end of the year, you'll start seeing them arrive. the chinese don't wait for copy rights etc to expire. they have been copying stuff for years. make one little change from the original and home free. look at the stuff harbor freight sells. clones of milwaukee, chicago pneumatic, snap on etc. 90% of the stuff we have for our hobby comes from china. that makes it very easy for them to copy things.

There are a few FG clones out there so its not just HPI's. The difference is that HPI clones are slated all over the net by HPI lovers so its more publicised but then the same HPI faithful take their beloved baja and remove most of the HPI parts from it and use after market parts effectively turning it into a clone of a HPI baja :lol::lol: If you are going to do that you may as well buy a clone & save some money for your hop-ups!

I would say the 5ive will be copied by Chinese manufacturers very soon due to how popular it is.

And what fg owners don't use aftermarket parts ? maybe they should've bought a clone aswell to save cash

And what fg owners don't use aftermarket parts ? maybe they should've bought a clone aswell to save cash

to be honest there not that many aftermarket non fg parts about now,most are genuine fg parts there is a few people that made upgrades kdp m&r ect but i don't think there still making any,most parts on mine is stock fg alloy the only aftermarket parts are from tps oddified and victory,,,and theres no such think as saving cash in this hobby a full on crack habbit would be cheaper :lol::lol::lol:

Not saying that mate, the HPI faithful who bang on about clones being sooooo bad go and turn their HPI into a clone by using aftermarket parts. Im not saying they are all anti-clone cos they arent but 90% of FG owners don't give a toss about clones of FG models. Just reading the threads on here gives an indication of HPI owners feelings on clones without even stepping foot into the baja forums.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks